Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Opinions?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

MRO Opinions?

It's time for me to look at another optic. I've used T-1's since thy came out but when looking at adding one the high side of $800.00 with mount seems high. I'm not using it for work on a daily basis like I used to so that's hard to justify. I've been thinking about adding an MRO. I had one on an issued carbine for a time but will never put the tens of thousands of rounds through them like I did with T-1's. The downside of Admin. I've read many threads and reviews but am not really finding much, maybe that's good.

Over the years I developed a slight astigmatism but can still use a red dot. FWIW I currently have two Nightforces on my .308's, two different Trijicons on 2 AR's, and still the two T-1's on my duty/defense carbines.

Is the MRO a viable alternative to the T-1/2? Or do I just need to suck it up and buy a new T-2? Any advice appreciated.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    I’ve been running one on a 14.5 inch BCM AR, on a ADM mount for awhile. No issues, I also have several T1’s. The MRO is solid in my opinion. The only real advantage of an aimpoint
    Over the MRO, the dot on a T2 looks cleaner through a magnifier.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have a few of them on carbines. Never any issues.
    I prefer a RD for close work, my eyes still allow hits to 200 yds with an MRO.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Tagged to follow, interest in MRO.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I personally have three and just outfitted our 26 swat guys with them. They are good optics and they don’t break the bank. I have been a career long Aimpoint guy, but I just can keep paying the ever increasing prices on Aimpoints. They is a early batch of MROs that had a slight magnification to them. The post 89k serial numbers are supposed to be true 1x. I have used Aimpoints and the MROs for training and live ops. The MRO as someone above mentioned does not play great with magnifiers. It elongated the dots on all the models I looked through. My per 89k models do have a slight magnification when you are looking for it, but during training, shooting, etc it isn’t noticeable. If your interested give it a shot. If you don’t like it well it in the EE.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I appreciate the feedback. I think I'll give it a shot. What mounts are you using? I'm too used to lower 1/3 to consider switching. Like the BAD and Scalarworks with the BAD winning the price war currently. DSG has them at very competitive prices and I may check with Kenzies as well.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I used the Trijicon lower 1/3 mount because I'm cheap If you don't need QD, it's actually not a bad mount. Can't speak to hard use because I only have around 400 rounds on my MRO.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I use ADM and LaRue Co-Witnes, QD mounts and have been happy with them. I've come to prefer MagPul "Pro" for BUIS.

Feedback Score
    What I like about the MRO is that you from "OFF" to a usable setting. You don't have to toggle through a bunch of settings to get to one of the ones you use the most. And, no, I don't leave mine on all the time because I have other carbines with other optics that I use as well.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have an astigmatism. The mro works much better for me than my old T1. I use an absolute Co witness mount. I look through the rear aperture for longer shots if I need to clean up the dot
    Last edited by signal4l; 01-08-19 at 10:34.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast