Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PRO VS Comp M2

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    One of the reasons I support, use Aimpoint is that there are so few issues with them in general. I do not know a single PRO that has gone down (2 micros), but large number of EOTechs and multiple LPVOs.

I'd get a PRO without hesitation... but that said I think they are too big and heavy for what they do and much prefer the Micros. (someone else's words which I agree with)

We have a PRO on a defensive rifle as another family member prefers the larger window. I shoot it regularly.

Feedback Score
    All of my serious use guns wear PRO’s. I could buy the more expensive dots, I just don’t see the need. I have one on my SR-15 that has been on setting 6 since Jan. 2015, well past the 3 year mark. Gonna see how long it’ll go.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As far as the Pro is concerned I've had mine for about 8 years now with no issues other than my astigmatism affected eyes. I kept the first battery in for at least 5 years only replacing it because I wasn't sure if it might go bad and leak.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    As far as the Pro is concerned I've had mine for about 8 years now with no issues other than my astigmatism affected eyes. I kept the first battery in for at least 5 years only replacing it because I wasn't sure if it might go bad and leak.
    Pappabear replaced his AAs with the lithium version after one of his Comp M4s had a battery puke a little.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If you want a Aimpoint Comp style body, then you need to buy an M3 over a PRO.

The PRO is a monkey model budget optic.

It is not the same product line as the M3, M4, T1 and T2.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post

Can you elaborate? One vs Two piece body? Material? Optics? Electronics? QC?

I have M2s, M3s, and Pros and be nice to know the relative "toughness" of each for deciding on application.

Thanks!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Yes, please do tell. My only experience with the 30mm tube Aimpoints is M2s, M4s' and a single Pro. Much prefer the 30mm tube and the M4s in general but if I needed a budget optic for the next rifle, what takes the Pro out of the running? That said, would the same be said for the M2?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I thought the PRO and M3 battery life are identical?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post

I know it is not spec'd to the same level, but mostly that is now deep it can go in water. I would agree that there is a little bit of difference, but I am not seeing in the build or optics. I think there is a coating missing for night vision. Other than that, they seem identical. Can you elaborate ?
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Wasn’t there a difference in the aluminum used on the PRO vs CompM3?
    Traveling, or would look up. I commented in another thread and was trying to check myself.

Edit: found one quick reference here, can’t verify
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?150592-Major-difference-between-Aimpont-Pro-amp-Aimpoint-Comp-M3
    Last edited by JediGuy; 11-14-18 at 07:23. Reason: Link

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast