Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coleman Premium Dual Fuel Lantern

Feedback Score

Coleman Premium Dual Fuel Lantern

Greetings!

Just curious to know if any of you have experience with these Coleman lanterns? Specifically are the following fuel(s) compatible for use with said lantern?

TruFuel (expired domain)

VP-SEF

Stihl MotoMix

Primarily using the Coleman Camp Fuel with this Coleman Dual Fuel lantern. I know it'll also run on Unleaded Gasoline which I have not yet tried. But since it can do so, I was wondering about the above three (3) fuel types since I have them in my garage.

Please advise!

Feedback Score
    Nobody has a Coleman Premium Dual Fuel Lantern or similar?

Anyways, I saw this on YouTube where Oil Lamp is used as "fuel" for this specific lantern.

With that in mind, I was wondering if it can be done with the Oil Lamp maybe possible with the Fuel-Mix?

Feedback Score
    I have a lantern, and used both fuels, in single burner stoves. Two of them I've mixed unleaded with Coleman fuel (white gas/ napath) all the time. The third more true multi-fuel stove, I've used, DF2, JP8 straight and mixed used daily for 4 -5 month in 03-04. I have to change generator for gasoline or Coleman fuel. I haven't used the lantern in few years though. The main reason I got them. I've carried one in a rucksack for few years (Stove) sucked for weigh but great for heating, water and food in cold weather. All worked better with coleman fuel but costs to much now.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have one and it works great on White Gas and Unleaded Gas. I've not tried the fuels you are posting about and I've not used it in ages because it is heavy.

Feedback Score
    I have one and never had a problem with it. It sat in the closet for 8 years and then I pulled it out last August to use it twice. While I have used unleaded gas several times, I usually use Coleman fuel. The adjustable light output is a nice touch when needed.

Feedback Score
    Coleman has parts to convert some of their lanterns to run kerosene. They run a different generator and a cup to fill with kerosene and light it to heat up the generator. Look up the parts on Colemans web site.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    CLHC,
    I don't know how I missed this post. I have a Coleman dual fuel lantern and camp stove. They are both 21 years old. Using the Coleman fuel the lantern burns brighter and the stove burns much hotter than using gasoline. Naptha is supposed to be the same as Coleman fuel but cheaper and can be bought in 5 gallon containers at paint supply outlets. Something I need to take advantage of. I have countless hours on my Coleman's, they have been fantastic. I have not tried any other fuels in them.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the responses! Still using the Coleman Camp Fuel just to be sure since I plan on keeping and using the Dual Fuel Lantern for a long time. This one sure is a keeper!

Feedback Score
    Got the Coleman Dual Fuel Lantern lit this evening down the hall:

Feedback Score
    They put out a metric S&&t ton of light, I have had em and used them extensively, as in only lighting for 7 months straight. They are worth the money, just make sure you have extra mantles and globes as the globes break easy. I ran it mostly on coleman fuel, but the times I did use unleaded it seemed a lot brighter to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast