Thread: Upper receiver with flash hider legal in/to ship to California?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Upper receiver with flash hider legal in/to ship to California?

Hey there everyone,

I've searched this a few times, and I believe it is indeed legal, but with the new passage of laws this past October, I thought I'd double check.

An upper receiver group, by itself, with a flash hider on it is legal in and legal to ship to California, correct? For example, it could be used on a build with a bullet button, correct?

I'm selling an upper with a permanent flash hider on Gunbroker, and I have someone from CA interested in it. Just wanted to check that I could sell it to him.

(and yes, I realize not all of you replying will be lawyers. )

Feedback Score
    They should ask the FF dealer they will be picking the gun up from. I believe you have to do any sales transfers in Kalifornia thru a gun store

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TunaFisherman View Post
    They should ask the FF dealer they will be picking the gun up from. I believe you have to do any sales transfers in Kalifornia thru a gun store
    I'm sure not even California yet requires an FFL for an upper.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Hey there everyone,

I've searched this a few times, and I believe it is indeed legal, but with the new passage of laws this past October, I thought I'd double check.

An upper receiver group, by itself, with a flash hider on it is legal in and legal to ship to California, correct? For example, it could be used on a build with a bullet button, correct?

I'm selling an upper with a permanent flash hider on Gunbroker, and I have someone from CA interested in it. Just wanted to check that I could sell it to him.

The upper is not a firearm therefore it falls under the buyers responsibility to follow all Federal and state laws. The upper is sent directly to the buyer and does not require an FFL.
    Last edited by thmpr; 12-01-13 at 01:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post

Under Federal and CA laws...
    It is legal for you to sell it and legal for the CA resident to acquire it.