Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got off the phone with Greg Kramer

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Just got off the phone with Greg Kramer

....and I'm reminded that there are still some true gentlemen in the industry.

I've used his horsehide rigs in the past and found them to be superlative. I just picked up a pre-"B" CZ-75 and needed a holster for it. These older pistols have a round trigger guard vs. the newer models with the squared guard.

He's going to make a vertical scabbard for me, and I don't mind waiting for a true craftsman.

I understand that kydex is the future, but I still love a well crafted leather holster, particuarly for a classic handgun.

Also couldn't resist picking up a IWB #3 for a SIG while I was at it.

I find leather to move with me better than kydex, it's more comfortable for me, and I guess I'm just attaining crotchety old man status early.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    I guess I'm just attaining crotchety old man status early.
    When you start touting the 1911 as a superior carry choice over Glock/sig, etc... you'll be completely there!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    When you start touting the 1911 as a superior carry choice over Glock/sig, etc... you'll be completely there!!

Eh....I've carried more than a few 1911's so I'm more than halfway there I guess.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How odd, I have a 1911 on my hip in a Kramer Belt Scabbard as I type. Kramer and Sparks are the only holster makers I turn to when it comes to "once-living" materials, horsehide being optimal.

And crotchety old men argue that irons are better than Aimpoints
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy196 View Post
    irons are better than Aimpoints
    Can I quote you on that in a sig line?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been using Kramer holsters since the 90s. As well as Mitch Rosen rigs. Till this day, the horse hide holsters that I use everyday are still snug and secure. I use them for my classic pistols (1911, CZ75, Hi-Power, revolvers, and plastic guns).

They do outlast many production holsters that I have used in the past.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a Kramer horsehide IWB that I have been using since the mid 90's. I highly recommend his gear.

Feedback Score
    I hate plastic holsters myself.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm still using the same Kramer IWB #2 horsehide and belt for my issued SIG P-220 that I purchased when I began in Fed LE.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Kramer is also pretty much number 1 with me outside of Blade tech.

Mitch Rosen can downtalk Horsehide all he wants. But I've got multiple Kramer holsters of this material and they've all held up far better than anything except kydex. I saw Rosen's name mentioned above and reminded me of that. He does seem to produce quality work as well from what I've seen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast