Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is FN preparing to release their own AR?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Agreed, I anticipate a SHOT timed announcement, with all the press package ready to roll then. What I really want to see is where they put theirs in the market. That attachment doesn't indicate a whole lot... yet.
    Is it worth going heads up against Colt in the 6920 market space? Will they?
    Are they going to position their FN15 lineup below the SCAR-16 in pricing and features?

My guess will be they roll out with some milspec clones, but seeing just how many outfits are churning out good CHF lighter contoured barrels from FN blanks, it's hard not to see them mirroring about half of the DD lineup as far as available configurations.

I'd love to see a $1500 FN-15 with a 16" CHF LW barrel, Centurion CMR Rail, and MOE upgraded furniture, among other offerings.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 12-01-13 at 19:53.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score

-David

AR-15 owner/shooter since 1998

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I love me some FN.

If they sell an AR15, I will have one in my closet.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I don't see why FN can't go right after the 6920 and undercut it as far as price point goes.

Also a M16 A5 variant would be tits.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    I love me some FN.

If they sell an AR15, I will have one in my closet.
    I agree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMMOTECH View Post

Spill the beans!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Is it worth going heads up against Colt in the 6920 market space? Will they?
    Why not? They have the TDP, so I wouldn't imagine they will be any worse than a 6920 overall. And if the price point is the same as or less than a 6920, I couldn't see why they wouldn't be competitive.

On the other hand there isn't a whole lot better they could do than Colt save one thing. Bring a midlength to market.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    After active duty I went in the Guard. In the '96-'97 timeframe we got brand new FN M16A2s. Like others have said, no difference other than markings over a Colt. The upper and lower receivers had a different shade in the finish. I can't remember for sure, I think the upper was the lighter shade almost like a blueish grey. I'd be interested in a civilian FN, mostly an A2 though for nostalgia reasons.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    They could do that and more.

An FN16A5 with VLTOR A5 would be a ridiculously nice rifle, and pretty much be the rifle the USMC should be using right now.

I suspect there's money to be made gunning for the 6920, but the fact that idiots are still buying Bushmasters and RRA's for more money tells me the size of that market isn't necessarily big enough to justify it. They'll succeed at anything they try most likely, the question is what their market data will point the to for volume models, and to see if they'll churn out a few really well thought out weapon systems that punch above their price tag (e.g. DD V5 functions as a poor man's SR-15).

I really want to see in a couple year's time if they decide an FN-10 is worth the thought and hassle. The CHF barrel tech out of the FN SPR's applied to an SR-25/AR-10 layout could be the final standardizing nail in the .308 AR frame, and FN could well and truly deliver $2000 .308 AR's that do everything out to half a mile.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by paramarine View Post
    That said, I wouldn't mind an FN AR15. Just because.
    Here here. I really like FN products. Especially the FNS. Cant wait for the FNS Compact...
    "When the time for performance has arrived, the time for preparation had passed."
    -Thomas S. Monson

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast