Thread: Arsenal SSR-56

Feedback Score

Arsenal SSR-56

Thanks to everyone for the informative AK posts to date. I've learned a lot and I'm hunting for some form of AK. I found one today at a local shop and I'm trying to find out more about it. It is marked Arsenal - Houston TX. It also says SSR-56. It has a hungarian stamped receiver, plastic furniture, one 30 round magazine and slash cut muzzle. It is listed as used but the gun looks new to me. The have it listed for $599.00 but said he could work with the price a little for it being used.

I was hoping someone could give me a little information about this model. I'm also burning up some Google looking for info.

Thanks...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    These were post ban rifles that were built using a Hungarian FEG receiver imported through Arsenal USA/Armory USA/Global Trades. No relationship with Arsenal Inc. in Nevada.

They used Chinese barrels and bolt carriers to assemble them.

Usually decent rifles. I think $500 is a better price, but if they won't budge, $600 isn't terrible.

Look it over for rust coming through the parkerizing at the gas block, check the rifleing, sight alignment, etc.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Templar,

Thanks for the great info. I know they will come down from the $599.00 but I don't know how much.

Do you know if this model is compatible with the Ultimak rail accessory and the other common accessories available for AK variants?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yes, they should be compatable with just about any accessory out there.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com