Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why don't other manufacturers make glock 19 sized guns?

Feedback Score

Why don't other manufacturers make glock 19 sized guns?

I hear many people say the glock 19 is the perfect size. I agree that it's a great size. The grip is big enough to get a good solid hold. It holds 15 rounds which is plenty in my opinion. But, it is not bigger than it needs to be. Most full size guns (m&p, PPQ, p30, etc) have a bigger grip that is harder to conceal. Most compact guns are harder to get a solid grip. The only gun I have heard is basically the same size is the m&p 45c. Am I missing a bunch? Why doesn't every manufacturer make one or more that size? The size of the glock 19 is one of it's best attributes. It wouldn't be hard to copy. Why don't they? I think any good gun that size would be a home run.

Feedback Score
    HK P2000 and USP compact are both 5 inches in height... Same as the Glock 19.

The PPQ is about 1/4 inch taller.
    I miss the dentist...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I find my PPQ to be functionally smaller to carry and more concealable than my Glock 19 in a Raven Phantom and a Speed Scabbard. The butt doesn't stick out as much. I consider the two to be the same size, with the edge in carry-ability going to the PPQ.

Last edited by Hmac; 12-05-13 at 19:36.

Feedback Score
    See the "Glock 19 is perfect size" assertion a lot, but don't get it. Have one and like it, but there are as good or better sizes IMHO. Smaller albeit with lower round counts and bigger without much a loss in concealment. I think some pretty highly regarded SMEs have noted that the 19 doesn't give you anything the 17 does not as the size difference is not that much different from the 17 for reliability and increase in capacity.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    the 19 doesn't give you anything the 17 does not as the size difference is not that much different from the 17
    Have you carried both day in and out? I'm a pretty skinny guy and I can hide my G19 in a t-shirt and shorts all day long. My 17 on the other hand has enough extra length that it looks like I'm smuggling a brick down my pants. There is a huge difference for me.

Feedback Score
    I agree that there are differently sized guns ideally suited for different roles, but I think many believe (myself included) that the G19 is a perfect size because it's a jack-of-all-trades size. Not too big for CC, but not too small for social work.

If S&W ever came out with an M&P that is single stack and the size of a G19, I'd buy ten. Here in California, since I can only have a max of ten rounds anyway, guns and mags tend to have a lot of wasted space.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruchik View Post
    If S&W ever came out with an M&P that is single stack and the size of a G19, I'd buy ten.
    If ANYONE came out with a gun like that, I'd be right there with you.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The original Kahr, P225 and some of the smaller 1911 variants are similarly sized. Obviously not analogous with regards to capacity, but they all conceal with relatively the same ease and all offer a full enough grip for all but the most monstrous of hands.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Try the Walther PPQ ... best stock striker action handgun out there. Nice and compact.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    Try the Walther PPQ ... best stock striker action handgun out there. Nice and compact.
    I second this, love my PPQ. My LGS has one for $409.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast