Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 458 Socom

Feedback Score
    I have killed dear with the 458 SOCOM and cracked many rocks. I have only reloaded for it, have used the 250gr Hornadies to 530gr any most weights in between. Super fun round, love smacking
    things with a 500gr RN. Full power loads do have some recoil but nothing worse than a 12ga slug. I made mine a 10.5" and after shooting it for a year I decided some weight in the rear might make
    it funner to shoot. After trying lead shot in the battery compartments LOL I ended up buying a steel buffer tube for it from V7 weapon systems, calmed it down some and feels better when carrying,
    more balanced. I really want to shoot a black bear with the 300gr Barnes projectile, but no luck so far. 458 Socom is a round I would recommend to everyone so fun.

Feedback Score
    Black Hole is producing 450 Bushmaster and the 458 SOCOM barrels now.

Greg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GLShooter View Post
    Black Hole is producing 450 Bushmaster and the 458 SOCOM barrels now.

Greg
    Not listed on their website. Any idea when they will be released?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samson7x View Post
    Not listed on their website. Any idea when they will be released?
    They have been released. BHW is completely rebuilding thier website so it has not been updated. Pull up Tactical Ammunition. They list them on their site. They work together on projects and sales.

Let me know if you need any help.

Greg
    Last edited by GLShooter; 12-22-13 at 22:30.

Feedback Score
    I have looked and looked but I have never seen or talked with someone that owned a Wilson 458. I really like the concept of the platform though.

Feedback Score
    I kind of own a Wilson 458. I managed to crack the pivot pin hole on my RRA 458 and instead of waiting a year to get a replacement I ordered the Wilson milled upper. I was so impressed by how much better the gun functioned that I've since replaced pretty much everything but the barrel with Wilson parts. Not a knock on RRA, Wilson just has a better product.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamadiDoorkicker View Post
    A good friend of mine has a 458 and I have sent quite a few rounds down range. It is a beast when used against barriers and hard targets. As for hunting, you didn't say what you were planning on hunting but I think it is serious overkill for 85% of North American game! And the round is not known for its long range accuracy! But if you want to shred some cinder blocks, this is a round to use!
    I,m a big advocate for overkill... LOL I know it's range is limited, but if I were to need something for longer ranges, I'd move back to the trusty .30 caliber cohorts. It's just one I wanted to experiment with. Would also like to have some insight on this caliber shot suppressed. I'm also thinking about picking up a Bowers VERS 50

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12