G&R Tactical
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: M1 Garand pic thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    My 1.9 mil Springfield Armory:

Just "upgraded" the rear sight with a Type II SA repro lock bar from AmmoGarand and the gas cylinder plug with a slotted unit. Unfortunately, the rear sight's finish doesn't match the receiver but, \_(ツ)_/, oh well.
    That is common. The Silver-Grey finish on the rifle is much like that of Letterkenny refinished ones and only parts that have most of the finish worn off or are refinished in the S-G color will match. My 6M Letterkenny one is all the S-G color as they did all the parts at the same time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaDon View Post
    That is common. The Silver-Grey finish on the rifle is much like that of Letterkenny refinished ones and only parts that have most of the finish worn off or are refinished in the S-G color will match. My 6M Letterkenny one is all the S-G color as they did all the parts at the same time.
    Yep, rifles were reworked / rearsenaled without any regard to matching finish, matching wood etc. Even some new builds used parts from different manufacturers as part supplies ebbed and flowed. "Mixmaster" is more the natural state of Garands.

I had the pleasure of taking mine to Camp Perry for the national shooting matches. Was a great experience, my first time. Hitting the scoring rings at 600 yards with iron, stock sights doesn't suck! Also, recently just missed the cutoff for bronze at a local match by 4 points. Really enjoy shooting the Garand ... it still gets it done!
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Gun Fighting Training Program
    Civilian Marksmanship Program competitor - M1 Garand, IDPA competitor
    Part-Time Sales at National Firearms Retailer

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425