Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
Just a Garand for the collection... nothing major other than a periodic shooter.

If I find a beater, might do a Mini-G. Have a N/M M1A, M1903 USMC sniper replica, and a Custer-era Springfield Trapdoor Carbine. Think I got a few of the US rifle highlights...
Nice collection. The mini G calls to me everytime I have a beer!

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
I thought about going out and buying a lottery ticket, but didn't. I'm constantly amazed at how rough the Winchester finish work was, especially considering how everyone seems to want one too.

I'll be putting a relieved op rod in it, especially if I shoot it a lot (which I'm sure I will) as there's no need for me to risk cracking it.

It was only my second rifle order with the CMP, and both of the rifles I've received have been just outstanding. I'd like to pick up an HRA and an IHC one of these days just to have one of each. Every HRA I've seen has been real nice. HRA's finsh work is just exceptional IMHO.
Glad you'll get to shoot it, and the replacement rod will give you peace of mind, worth it. Sounds like you need the HRA too. I'm mixed on the IHC ... from what I recall reading, they had all sorts of problems cranking out reliable rifles, and Springfield had to ship them parts. Unless your goal is to simply have one of each, which I understand drives a lot of collectors.