Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: M1 Garand pic thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meausoc View Post
    Nice looking Garand ! Is that a CMP special ?
    yes, H&R Arms made in 1953

Feedback Score
    I just came home with this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just added a 6 digit Garand with a 5-42 barrel to the fold. I traded a Swede Mauser for the barreled action a couple of months ago. I finished putting her together a couple of weeks ago, and went to the range to see how we would bond. I was ringing my ten inch steel gong at 175 yards with the irons 6 or more times out of 8 consistently. She's definitely a keeper.

Last edited by RazorBurn; 03-26-15 at 23:08.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great! Glad to see it worked out. That's something I would like to do someday, maybe with a .308 barrel.

Feedback Score
    Here's an amazing photo. It's been colorized. 25th ID Lavella Island

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Picked up another Springfield Garand barreled receiver a couple of weeks ago, and got it finished up today. Picked it up for a sweet deal that I just couldn't pass up. It's another six digit serial number receiver, and it's build date is December of 1941 which makes it historically cool to me. It's been through rearsenal as it has a 9-54 Springfield barrel. I had an op rod and complete gas cylinder lying in my parts bin collecting dust, so that made it cheaper and easier to complete too. Muzzle wear, throat erosion, and headspace all check good, and function checks are good too so this one should make another solid shooter. I swear, they're as much fun to put together as an AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Will kick off 2016 with a new post here.

Just got the top rifle after Christmas and refinished the stock. CMP Special grade with a new .308 Criterion barrel and CMP/Dupage wood I refinished with tung oil. Color difference on the front hand guard is not as extreme as the pics imply. Hope to hit the range next weekend with this one.

Bottom rifle is a 6 digit receiver with a then (when I had it put together in the 1990's) NOS 1953 barrel. Small parts are all GI and either NOS or NM bits. Stock is GI. Great shooter.

The side by side shot does show off the pork belly of reproduction stocks around the trigger group. Not nearly as bad as the fat stocks that were around in years past, but it still seems no one has really gotten the profile spot on yet. It's still a little thick over all, but I remember some Boyds stocks that were just huge.

Last edited by mrbieler; 01-03-16 at 10:53.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

M1 Garand pic thread

I had the joy of going to the CMP south store in Anniston a few years back and hand picked my own Garand. H&R reciever, trigger and barrel dated '52 that gauged 0+ at the muzzle and 1+ at the chamber with new CMP wood. Great shooter I've finished the stock since the pics.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.
    Last edited by dbain99; 01-03-16 at 10:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serlo II View Post
    Here's an amazing photo. It's been colorized. 25th ID Lavella Island

Amazing image. In color, it almost looks contemporary. Impressive.

Run of the mill CMP Garand, new CMP stock, treated by me.

Original Springfield M1 Garand (from CMP)
    by SoloDallas, on Flickr

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast