Thread: glock barrel recrown?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

glock barrel recrown?

Has anyone had their glock barrel recrowned? I have a PD trade-in G19 and the barrel muzzle looks a little rough.

Will a polygonal rifled barrel respond to a recrown like conventional rifled barrels do (i.e. a slight improvement in accuracy)? The expense is minimal so I think I'm going to go for it, I'm just curious if anyone can report in with their experience.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    How is the accuracy now with the crown in its current condition? There's probably a chance Glock will replace the barrel for you for free if you contact them and explain the issue.

By any chance can you post a picture?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    the accuracy is acceptable. I can hold everything on a 3"x5" card out to 15yds with no issue; but when I really try to one hole it at 7yds slow fire it just seems inconsistent. This is my first glock, only fired ~350 rounds thus far and still getting used to it transitioning from 1911's, so it's probably the nut behind the trigger

There are marks all around the muzzle, but it seems the worst from 6-9 o'clock. The rifling is set back a bit from the muzzle, so it's probably a non-issue.

re: glock replacement barrel, would it be numbered to the frame?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's a tough one but I don't think it's effecting accuracy.

If Glock replaces the barrel it will not have the same serial number. Who were you thinking about having do the re-crowning?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Richard Fletcher worked over a Colt Commander for me last year and did a great job, plus he's relatively local (and it's always nice when you can just ship the barrel to have the work done).

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I would use a rest to minimize human error, even have another shooter test it. It doesn't appear to me that the marks would matter. Almost makes me wonder if someone was lazy cleaning it and did not disassemble it to clean the barrel(dragging a steel rod against the barrel, on the underside) There's repeated marks in the same area, doubtful from a drop.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Glocks are not to be art work if the accuracy is good dont screw with it.