Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Update: Discontinuation of Models

Feedback Score

Glock Update: Discontinuation of Models

I took the Glock Armorer's course today. Some interesting information was presented (no - they wouldn't comment on anything new).

Basically, this is the last month for compensated, "C" model Glocks. It's also the last month for the traditional G20/21. They will keep making gen 4's and the Short Frame (SF) models. But if you want a factory compensated Glock, or the original size gen3 Glock 20 or 21, don't hesitate.

They didn't mention the G29/30 and none of us thought to ask.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Do you mean the semi-announced G41/42?

The "C" model discontinuation has been common knowledge since beginning of last summer. I actually thought it was already in affect. Now to see if those "C" models become collectors like the first OD frames.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony.L View Post
    Do you mean the semi-announced G41/42?

The "C" model discontinuation has been common knowledge since beginning of last summer. I actually thought it was already in affect. Now to see if those "C" models become collectors like the first OD frames.
    No, the rumored 41/42 was what they wouldn't discuss. By 29/30, I meant that we didn't ask if the SF would be the only gen 3 versions (like their big brothers).

Feedback Score
    No, the rumored 41/42 was what they wouldn't discuss. By 29/30, I meant that we didn't ask if the SF would be the only gen 3 versions (like their big brothers).
    Gotcha.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's also the last month for the traditional G20/21. They will keep making gen 4's and the Short Frame (SF) models. But if you want a factory compensated Glock, or the original size gen3 Glock 20 or 21, don't hesitate.

Prophecy, from Sept 2008: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-vs-Glock-21SF

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I've heard some folks say that, given the evident popularity of the "SF" variant over the standard G-21, Glock may discontinue production of the 21 in favor of the SF entirely.

Pretty much just speculation, but from everyone I've talked to it seems the SF is the preferred option. Think there's any chance of all SF at some future point?
    If it's not already official, I predict the standard 29/30 will be d/c as well in favor of the SF.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Nice. I have a 2005 traditional G20.

Discontinued + tennifer = $$$

Feedback Score
    My traditional Gen 3 G21 is going nowhere-it's a superb gun, with a flawless history of performance. It's used for carry, IDPA, and GSSF. And, with the right holster and semi-judicious clothing choices, it's simply not that difficult to conceal.

Not that the Gen4 G21 is a bad thing...if I was in the market today, it's the one I'd get.

Best, Jon

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    They will keep making gen 4's and the Short Frame (SF) models.
    This sentence is interesting because it almost makes it sound like the G4's are a limited/trial period gun, when really, the gen 3's days are numbered with gen4's being the permanant replacement obviously.

Most people can't handle a .45 Glock that well. The size of the G21 grip made this worse.

Feedback Score
    Well, your hands certainly are displaced differently on a large-frame Glock, compared to other Glocks/guns-but whether actual index and handling is adversely affected is more of an individual, as opposed to a general thing. Obviously, an individual with short fingers/small hands has a greater potential for incompatibility with a large-frame Glock, but Glock's reletively short/set-back trigger is often a great amoreliating factor.

I personally have medium-sized hands, but index (and shoot effectively) with my G17, G19, G34....and G21. While at first blush the small and standard size frames feel more natural, the large frames work quite well for me. When I checked my logbook, last year I actually shot my G21 more than all the others combined.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 12-12-13 at 12:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    This sentence is interesting because it almost makes it sound like the G4's are a limited/trial period gun, when really, the gen 3's days are numbered with gen4's being the permanant replacement obviously.

Most people can't handle a .45 Glock that well. The size of the G21 grip made this worse.
    That wording is attributable to me - not anyone from Glock. I was para-phrasing them. Basically, there are no changes coming to the Gen 4 guns. The only new was that the only Gen 3 G20/21 made after this month will be the SF version. And of course that they will no longer produce comped guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast