Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M4 Starter

Feedback Score

M4 Starter

Hey guys i know i want an M4 and was wondering what a nice starter gun would be? I was looking at Stag, and Bushmaster.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, depending on your price range, Stag is a pretty good choice. For the money you'd spend on a Bushmaster, I'd recommend getting a LMT instead. Just my input.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Stag's a great gun especially for the price. I don't like Bushmaster ARs and I had lots of problems so I sold it. I then bought the Stag which is my one and only though at some point I'm going to invest in a high-end piston AR. I'll probably still keep the Stag.

Mine shoots great and has never had a hiccup after about 3k rounds and I use any cheap ammo but Wolf.

I'd recommend going with the cheapest model WITHOUT sights and with the railed gas block. Than modify it to your tastes.

DEFINITELY buy Green Eyes, Black Rifles by Kyle Lamb...it will save you a bunch of money. I wish I had.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    Well... heres the thing.. i went to a gunshow and they were selling them for around 750... but im not 21 yet. im 20. but i want to go into the navy once i get done with college. so thats why i want one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    CMMG is also a pretty good company offering quality AR's that are priced pretty well. I believe they still offer a life time warranty on their products. They have 'bargain bin' rifles also, basically ones that have been scratched or something due to storage. They're like $600, they always have them at the gun shows here, granted they're based in MO. There's plenty of options out there, for the price range Stag is great. LMT you're look at about $1000 or so. On a side note... 21 for a rifle? That sucks, 18 for rifles here and 21 for handguns.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PYRO31888 View Post
    Well... heres the thing.. i went to a gunshow and they were selling them for around 750... but im not 21 yet. im 20. but i want to go into the navy once i get done with college. so thats why i want one.
    I thought you only needed to be 21 for a handgun?
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Buy an ADS carbine or midlength from Grant at G&R

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7235
    Back in the land of Waffle House and sweet tea!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You can go the semi-build rout and purchase an LMT upper, BCM bolt group, forged charging handle, complete Stag/RRA lower w/6 pos stock, larue BUIS QD103, and a few Pmags

Feedback Score
    Before you swipe the plastic, START here...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7376

Feedback Score

Agree with shopping around

Quote Originally Posted by 8200rpm View Post
    Before you swipe the plastic, START here...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7376
    Hey,

I bought a BM nine months ago and I still like it. However, had I read the above highlighted thread before the purchase, I would not have bought a BM.

Nothing is necessarily wrong with the BM, it's just that there seems to be a whole lot more that's right with some of the others.

By the way, this forum is the place to learn from the hard core guys. At least that's what I've discovered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast