Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M4 Starter

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I second the advice about getting an ADS from Grant.

I have several Stags. At the time I bought them, my research indicated they were the best buy for 1) my intended uses and 2) the money. I still enjoy them, and I still believe I made the best choice I could ... at that time. However, times have changed. If I had it to do over again - and if I were buying an entire rifle rather than building my own, which I now prefer doing - I'd get the ADS instead. It's about $100 more than the price you gave for the Stag, but I'd say you're getting more than $100 of better value.

I hope you get into the Navy, and I wish you good fortune if you do. I spent 8 years in the Navy. As Dickens once wrote: It was the best of times; it was the worst of times. Still, despite all that, I wish I had stayed in and did my 20. If you make the most of it, you'll enjoy your time in service.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My friend won a stag arms patrol rifle in a raffle and upon inspecting it after he had been using it on patrol for about a year (he actually loaned it to the small village dept he works for and all the officers qualify with and carry it), I noticed the pistol grip was loose, the castle nut on the stock was not staked and the gas key was improperly staked.

As far as bushmasters go, I have heard a lot of bad things, then on day one of trident concepts' advanced combative carbine, Jeff Gonzalez said he usually sees an average of 3 bushmaster bolts break in a three day class - usually around day three. Half way through day one a bushy bolt broke at the cam pin slot and the class was halted, while they got tools to work the bolt out. Lucky for him, someone had a spare rifle to lend him to finish out the class. There were several other bushmasters that didnt go down, but to have heard problems for along time, then a prediction that although not three guns, did come to pass, is enough proof for me. Now, I have a bushy upper with probablly 7,000 rounds through it. Outside of replacing the gas rings when they got worn, I haven't had a problem with it. But to many people have had or seen others with problems with there bushys'

I know its repeating the usual sentiment on this forum, but save your money and get a colt, lmt, noveske, lwrc or HK - if they ever become available.
    Last edited by Stretz Tactical Inc; 05-12-08 at 11:20. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    Yeah you only have to be 18 for a rifle. I forgot... But im thinking about getting an MP5 or something similar... Pretty much i dont know what i want. Because 9mm are alot cheaper than .223 unless i shouldnt be worrying about that? I dont know.

Feedback Score
    I just realized that they arent 223... they are 5.56

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PYRO31888 View Post
    I just realized that they arent 223... they are 5.56
    Most lowers are going to be marked .223/5.56. 5.56 is the NATO chambering that's set at a higher pressure, therefore you could run both. Some are going to be only stamped 5.56, like LMT I know for sure, but it'd be alright to run .223 through it since it is at a lower pressure. Basically you could run either provided it's stamped .223/5.56, which most are.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12