Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schuemann 1911 barrels.

Feedback Score

Schuemann 1911 barrels.

I'm on the Schuemann website, and am just wondering if anybody has experience with their barrels. Specifically their AET barrels with gain twist, chamber fluting, etc.

Do you guys buy into their theories? They sound pretty legit, and are explained well on their site, so I'm just wondering if anybody has experience with them. They seem really high quality, and I've heard nothing but good things, however that wasn't with their AET barrels. (Though I am curious about their AET II barrel line that is mentioned.)

Also, what steel are their barrels made out of? Judging by the problems outlined on their "Documents" section, I'd guess it's not 416S like Wilson, and others.
    Last edited by Magic_Salad0892; 03-09-14 at 16:46.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    If I recall correctly, Mars Armament used to use them as an upgrade and on some of their more expensive builds... You could try sending them an email.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have one. Shoots great.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Schuemann barrels, both the "classic" and the AET, are well made parts... I've used a Schuemann barrel in almost every 10mm or 9x23 I have built.

That said, when you start with a good part to begin with, a well fit barrel will be a well fit barrel and produce commensurate results and to that end I have never personally noticed any huge advantage (at least in my hands) to an AET.

Feedback Score
    So they aren't the magic barrel, but they're probably equal in quality to a Kart NM. Except stainless, and available in more barrel styles.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Due to Schuemann's manufacturing process, I'd argue they are higher quality than a Kart. The AET improvements likely have little effect on a .45 ACP due to its low velocity. The AET features shine with high velocity cartridges like .38 Super and 10mm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    Due to Schuemann's manufacturing process, I'd argue they are higher quality than a Kart. The AET improvements likely have little effect on a .45 ACP due to its low velocity. The AET features shine with high velocity cartridges like .38 Super and 10mm.
    What about 9x19mm?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    So they aren't the magic barrel, but they're probably equal in quality to a Kart NM. Except stainless, and available in more barrel styles.
    I'm certainly not downplaying the quality of a Schuemann barrel, but I don't think there are any magic parts for the 1911. In 45ACP I would opt for a Kart.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post
    I'm certainly not downplaying the quality of a Schuemann barrel, but I don't think there are any magic parts for the 1911. In 45ACP I would opt for a Kart.
    Sounds good. What would be your first choice in 9x19mm? Still Kart?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you want a 9x19 I would take a look at Bar Sto's ramped barrel. Or Wilson, but I don't see many shops aside from Wilson using their barrels in builds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast