Thread: Army Chief's Colt 1911s

Feedback Score
    Wow, thanks for the write up and pics!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Here it is, Chuck's final project became a reality:

the glamour shots by John Harrison, who did an incredible job on this Colt:

Presentation box was made by master cabinet maker Tony Konovaloff.

Grips are ivory by Brian Challis.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    stunning
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score

Last build for AC

Sam,

What a gorgeous gun! Great work by everyone involved. John Harrison, Brian Challis, you are both true masters of your craft. I cannot think of a finer tribute to our friend and mentor - Army Chief. The presentation box by Tony Konovaloff is superb too! Well done! I am saddened and regret that I will not be able to witness ACs reaction to this beautiful piece. But I know, with great certainty, that he would appreciate it and heartily approve.

I had the good fortune and blessing to be with AC on the day he picked up his Colt Rail Gun from Phase V Tactical in Fayetteville NC. AC was his usual self as those in the gun store on both sides of the counter admired the newest addition to his premier collection / arsenal of thoughtful firearms. He humbly answered questions for those who were curious about the subtle and unique gun in front of them. He was equally patient in explaining the uniqueness of this custom CGR to those who had no idea what had gone into its production. That was Chuck, patient, polite, and always willing to help others.

Because I have some small sense of what this gun means to Chuck, I extend my personal thanks again to everyone involved -- your efforts to complete this final project for AC is greatly appreciated. This classic will become the capstone piece which AC leaves to his family. Through it they will be able to remember him and share "the legend" with generations to come.

Respectfully,

Freedoms Guardian

Feedback Score
    Holy cow. Great job! He would be proud!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Freedoms Guardian,
    Thanks for your kind words. I hope you will be able to witness Terri's reaction when she picks up the package soon.

It was my pleasure having breakfast with you at SHOT last month. Hope you were able to get to see and do what you set out to do in the short time you were there.

Regards,
    R.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sam,

Thank you for sharing all these photos. Each gun appears to be carefully thought out and executed perfectly. Chuck's final project is nothing short of breathtaking, I'm sure it will bring many smiles to AC's daughter.

Feedback Score
    Beautiful work guys

Feedback Score
    Beautiful 45s!

I have a Combat Commander of the same vintage as that one but mine is finished in Colt's factory satin nickle. A fantastic shooter..no doubt.

Both of those 1911s are pretty much in the vein of my thinking on a 1911 - no rails, no wild add-ons...just classic simple guns with quality parts and workmanship.

Thanks for sharing them....they are fantastic and I bet they shoot as good as they look.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Thanks for sharing them....they are fantastic and I bet they shoot as good as they look.
    -brickboy240
    That they do sir. A few days after AC's internment at Arlington, I, my brother, Freedom's Guardian, and another close friend of AC's took these pistols to the range for a memorial shoot. Exquisite machines indeed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast