Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Travel Kit

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pingdork View Post
    PA Patriot. Well thought out kit. Question. As LE are you required to carry 10 rd mags in 10 rd states ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It has been accepted in L/E circles and almost all states that L/E's are exempt from the laws that limits magazine capacity and are allowed to carry a duty weapon (With High Cap's) as issued from their department. But once you move from your duty weapon to a smaller pistol then L/E's are required to pass a yearly qualification with that pistol and follow the local laws on magazine capacity and ammunition type.

For this reason I always qualify with carry several guns (My department supplies the course ammo for all of them free of charge) so I can carry what I what under my L/E status in any state.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 01-06-14 at 11:05.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    It has been accepted in L/E circles and almost all states that L/E's are exempt from the laws that limits magazine capacity and are allowed to carry a duty weapon (With High Cap's) as issued from their department. But once you move from your duty weapon to a smaller pistol then L/E's are required to pass a yearly qualification with that pistol and follow the local laws on magazine capacity and ammunition type.

For this reason I always qualify with carry several guns (My department supplies the course ammo for all of them free of charge) so I can carry what I what under my L/E status in any state.
    Thanks for clarifying. That is what I thought, which is why I was wondering why you'd need the low cap mags for travel to ban states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My 7 iron is more accurate than my capabilities. Same with my AR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    truck vault doc. best thing i ever saw. had since 1999
    a loty less $$$ money then. keep moving it around with shims for new vehicle
    carry a lot more. all just all came to mind when i did post.
    lt wt camelbak 3 day. 2 bladders. less than 2# for walking out. last resort for old gp guy . figure if i dump wheels(last resort) i will pack what i need form all the stuff. ditch the rest.
    6 mags. 1 subsonic, 1 ss109.1 tracer. (start fires/gas tanks) s.b.r nods peq-15 use m-4/s had 1000 rd 10 emptymag remembered. no way i'm humpin's that
    4 dbl a.a.s' 2 cr-123 m-4 good for 1 yr never got onto acog astigmatism/bifocals. non correctable.
    3 mags/ pistol. may just dump pistol see next line.
    ruget 22/45 tac sol lt wt upper. gemtec titanium can. h-1. 100 rds cci std. 2 spare mags.
    titanium j-frame 18 rds. shoved way down deeeep.
    and yes i own all i just listed not fantyasy list.

cut down to bare essential's
    make "cold camp"
    small fire kit.
    layer the clothing under g-tex. warm by nature.
    not much extra clothing
    only lit wt food
    katadyn purifer. back fill camelbak as i go
    randall's gollock leatherman
    bare bones parts for ar only
    1 spare socks.
    poncho/cho
    can keep it under 25#, water, and weapons i can be gtg.

carry what i need to get home from hackathorn's. not new. always did. just example just what i carry when i go out west BEFORE he deserted us
    probably more but std list for 200 mi or more.
    short trips leave out ammo and extra stuff

keep ur head down

jjw
    p.s. glad u brought this up. always want to hear what others are doing. any thiing missed hope someone finds.
    Last edited by jjw; 01-06-14 at 20:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    Something rated to the lowest temperatures that you expect to see in the week of your travel. I just bring the good one. If I end up feeling to warm, I can unzip the bag a bit.
    Along these lines, I would suggest a bag that is rated 20 degrees lower than what you expect to encounter. I live in the Rockies and spend a good amount of time each year in a sleeping bag. Bag makers are ALWAYS optimistic in their estimations. Last month I ended up spending the week at a location where the INSIDE temp never got above roughly 20 degrees, thanks to a stove pipe issue. The only thing that kept us sticking it out was bags that were rated for far colder temps.

Socks, socks, socks. Even in cold weather you need to change out socks regularly and keep your feet in good shape. My basic day pack when hunting/goofing off in the outdoors ALWAYS has a spare set of socks.
    THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Feedback Score
    Glock 21, phone, water, couple sports bars, first aid kit

Feedback Score
    I didn't see anyone specifically mention these items (which can be life savors) But if they were listed then here's to repetition!
    Comfortable pair of hiking boots...ditch the daily worn flip flops.
    Hot hands (makes most any sleeping system comfy)
    Headwear...not everyone always wears a hat like I do and you lose about 70%+ of body heat through your noodle, so keep it covered.
    Meds...if you take daily meds, pack an extra week or two.

Good lists guys. Something I'd like to add to mine is a breakdown 22 rifle for small game hunting.

sent from my secure, NSA proof satellite uplink.
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." -Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt, 26th US President
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." -Gen. James Mattis, USMC (Ret.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123