Thread: PP2 M2 Gripi

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

PP2 M2 Gripi

How do you grip your PPQ M2?

As a 1911 and Glock shooter, I'm struggling with with a proper grip for the PP2. If I shoot with a high grip, thumbs forward, I'm finding I'm riding the slide release and having failure to lock back on empty mags. If I don't use a high grip, I'm finding my natural grip causes me to accidentally push the slide release up during recoil resulting in a slide lock mid magazine, or if I keep my thumbs low, I'm riding the magazine release where I feel like I'm accidentally going to drop the mag.

I want to like this gun...the trigger is sweet, it points naturally, and it's laser beam accurate, but ergonomically, it's a mess for me coming from the 1911.

Jim

Feedback Score
    Put the pad of the strong hand thumb on top of the base of the support hand thumb. You're just moving the strong hand thumb out, away from the gun and resting it on the base of your support hand thumb to get it away from the slide stop. If my description doesn't make sense let me know and a photo will make it clear. It's a minor adjustment that should fix your issue.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think I know what you're saying but if you could post a picture that'd be great.

Feedback Score
    Try switching the grip back straps out. The large filled my hands allowing for a better grip. JimmyB62 is describing the grip that I use also. Here is a pic of the grip in this blog post. http://www.kyledefoor.com/2009/06/si...r-secrets.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyNeverDies View Post
    JimmyB62 is describing the grip that I use also. Here is a pic of the grip in this blog post. http://www.kyledefoor.com/2009/06/si...r-secrets.html
    Yup, that's it. Thx.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm LH and cut about an inch off mine the day I got it...think I discarded pic
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"