Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ETA on the MOE Handguards?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ETA on the MOE Handguards?

I just downloaded the 2008 catalog and propaganda and I really like the looks of the MOE carbine handguards. When can we expect to see them in basic black?
    Back in the land of Waffle House and sweet tea!!!

Feedback Score
    We're shooting for fall.
    Magpul bonehead

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks DrD.

If you need someone to do a review on the pre production models (like you don't already have a list a mile long ) just holler.
    Back in the land of Waffle House and sweet tea!!!

Feedback Score
    I am interested in them too. Just add a short rail at about 1100 o clock with an A1 upper and call it done. These are supposed to take rails in the slots aren't they?

Feedback Score
    Those hanguards look just like what I need, an inexpensive yet quality handguard set that it would be easy to mount a light rail on. I also enjoyed the line "... or how I stopped worrying and learned to love a polymer magazine" on the pmag page of the catolog, sounds like me when I got mine.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I like the kind of different FAL-ish look of the MOE handguards

Chad
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Two other questions. I think I read somewhere that the MOE handguard had slots at the six o'clock position. If so, would it be strong enough for a vfg just for light/range use? Also, any other info you can release on the handguards at this time?

Feedback Score
    No I will not ask about the released date, but would like to know about the rail mounting options etc as stated above. Anyone?

Feedback Score
    I'm taking a guess here, but I was wondering the same thing myself. The only theory I can come up with is that Picatinny rails can be added, based on the user's preference of length, mounted through the slots in the upper section of the handguard. Now, what would be cool is if MagPul offered some sort of drop-in, no-tooling, variable section of rail to click right in to the slots.

I'm probably way off, since I already showed my ass on the KRISS/MBUS issue early in the week...

That's the only way I can see it, but I'm probably missing something.

Anything the 'Pul has made has been the Pinnacle of the available options, so I'm sure this handguard isn't going to break stride with their current catalogue of kick-ass good-guy gear.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDak View Post
    Two other questions. I think I read somewhere that the MOE handguard had slots at the six o'clock position. If so, would it be strong enough for a vfg just for light/range use?

Indeed it will.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast