Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talon Grips (pic)

Feedback Score

Talon Grips (pic)

Haven't heard or seen too much on these. Simple concept, going to try them out. Why? This pistol has NO texturing on the grip from the factory, something modified is needed (my opinion). I am fully aware of companies like Boresight Solutions, Atei, etc. I just don't know if I'm ready to stipple as it's not reversible, lol. If these hold up I'll keep them around, if they peel off easily I'll ditch them for stippling. Haven't tried them on the range yet. Review to follow soon.

Edit: The install was very easy, took about 5 minutes of patience.

Last edited by FAB45; 12-20-13 at 20:09.
    The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord. -Proverbs 21:31

Feedback Score
    They tear the hell out of Under Armor shirts and leather car seats.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been using these and trugrips on my duty pistols for the last couple years and they have held up to very well. I was going through about 2 a year until I recently decided to have my gun stippled. When it comes to longevity and slipping it really comes down to how well you were able to install it. I found that rubbing the pistol down with rubbing alcohol to completely remove all and any oils and dirt made a huge difference. I really wouldn't recommend it for concealed carry and even open carry it chewed up some polo shirts. But it's basically a corse sandpaper sticker so that's to be expected.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks a lot like what we used to do with skate deck tape.

Sent using Tapatalk
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    I like them a lot but I only use the rubber ones not the skateboard tape version. Not quite as aggressive.
    Last edited by Redhat; 12-21-13 at 07:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have run decal grips on my Glock 17 for quite some time mostly because I have not had any interest in stippling the gun. Have found them to work very well for the most part. Both have pros and cons. All depends on your needs and wants.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    I use the "black rubber" Talon grips and they work very well for me, good grip but not too aggressive.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Agreed on the rubber version will not abrade skin or clothes.
    Holds up a lot better that I thought and gives a good grip.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I have them on 3 pistols at the moment & really like them !!! I have the Skate tape on one of my Glock 17s and just bought a rubber set for my other 17,,I wanted to try both ! I also bought the Rubber grip for my FNS and have it installed ! The FNS has a pretty good feel and decent texture already,,but I just wanted to try both sets !!! I got a smoking deal on Cyber Monday,,,,$24 bucks for 2 sets shipped !! I don't carry either of these pistols,,so I can't comment on how they would feel or hold up in that situation,,but for range work and IDPA/USPSA matches they have held up and worked fine !! I have had the one set on for over a year with 0 problems,,time will tell with the other two !!
    It is VERY important to make sure your gun/grip area is clean and free from oils/sweat/etc,,they included little isopropyl wipes with each grip,,but I always wipe them down with more ! I also heat them up just a little before installing with a hair drier,,but after its on I warm it up and really grip/press the grip in place for several minutes and those babies "really" stay put,,at least in my instances !! For the price,,I think they are a decent option !

Feedback Score
    I've been running the rubber version of their grip on my FS M&P 9 for a few years now. It's held up great so far with good grip that is not too aggressive. I'm also using them with my new M&P Shield, and so far, so good. I couldn't bring myself to stipple the frames and this was a good alternative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast