Thread: 20 Gauge Slug Gun

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

20 Gauge Slug Gun

Looking for suggestions regarding a 20 gauge slug gun. Looking for a pump or semi-auto, rifled barrel. would like to keep the price reasonable. Basically no bolt actions due to hunting heavy cover and pushing areas are the type of hunting with very little still hunting. Accuracy would like something around 2 to 3 moa.

Any help would be appreciated guys thanks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Why not the standard 870 or mosberg?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Been looking at both of those, Mosberg has tons of models and options so basically wanting to know which model has performed well. Remington is fine and I will look into those but just curious about experiences from other.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A little late to the thread, but if I were to buy ANY slug gun, it would be the 20 ga Savage 220F, regardless of heavy cover, etc. Do the research and you'll find it is a MOA gun with the slugs it likes. Hunting a lot of military installations, I've shot my share of slugs with both an 870 12 ga and a T/C ProHunter 20 ga.

Based on your criteria, however, if your budget was tight, I'd just do the 870 with a fully rifled Hastings barrel if you can find one. For an autoloader, I'd probably do a Browning Gold or similar with the rifled barrel.
    Hang up and drive.

Luke 22:35-38

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGUGLY View Post
    Been looking at both of those, Mosberg has tons of models and options so basically wanting to know which model has performed well. Remington is fine and I will look into those but just curious about experiences from other.
    If you haven't bought already:

Both are about equal with the differences just being a matter of preference. Both are completely reliable. You really should take a look at both and decide for yourself.

A few things to note:
    The Remington 870 uses cross bolt safety at the rear of the trigger guard. The Mossberg has a tang safety on top of the receiver. I prefer the Mossberg safety with standard buttstocks as it is a simple push forward with the thumb to fire.
    The Mossberg has two extractors on the bolt while the Remington has one. The Remington is not known to fail but two is always better than one.
    The Remington ejector is riveted to the inside of the receiver so if it is ever damaged, the weapon has to be sent back to Remington for repair. The Mossberg ejector is held in with a screw and easily replaced.
    Daniel

Never send a nail to do a screw's job.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Why buy a rifled shotgun to hunt that way? You like shooting 3 to 7$ slugs like candy? Get a smooth bore gun or the savage 220 f like others said.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse