Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp Shelby told not to use Christmas by EO Officer from DEOMI

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Camp Shelby told not to use Christmas by EO Officer from DEOMI

More shit from the PC crowd!

Two weeks ago, a routine meeting was held at the Mississippi base with various leaders of the 158th Infantry Brigade. During the meeting, they discussed an upcoming Christmas football tournament. The equal opportunity officer immediately objected to the usage of the word “Christmas.”

“Our equal opportunity representative stopped the briefing and told us that we can’t say Christmas,” the soldier told me. “Almost the entire room blew up. Everybody was frustrated. The equal opportunity rep told our commander that not everyone celebrates Christmas and we couldn’t say Christmas celebration. It had to be holiday celebration.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...say-christmas/

EDIT: American Legion outraged over VA Christmas censorship

By Todd Starnes
    Published December 27, 2013
    FoxNews.com

The national commander of the American Legion is demanding answers from the Veterans Administration after hospitals in three states placed restrictions on Christian volunteers, including a group of schoolchildren who were told they could only perform Christmas carols from a government-approved list.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/27...cmp=latestnews
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 12-27-13 at 19:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone ever actually been in a meeting/briefing where something like this happened?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    More shit from the PC crowd!

Two weeks ago, a routine meeting was held at the Mississippi base with various leaders of the 158th Infantry Brigade. During the meeting, they discussed an upcoming Christmas football tournament. The equal opportunity officer immediately objected to the usage of the word “Christmas.”

“Our equal opportunity representative stopped the briefing and told us that we can’t say Christmas,” the soldier told me. “Almost the entire room blew up. Everybody was frustrated. The equal opportunity rep told our commander that not everyone celebrates Christmas and we couldn’t say Christmas celebration. It had to be holiday celebration.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...say-christmas/
    My last O-6 commander said the same thing, so at command and staff meetings I would say, "Our generic winter tree celebration will be..."
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So, we now have KGB style political officers in our military?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by dash1; 12-29-13 at 20:21.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The last group from my deployment just left there this morning, we demobed through there in three groups, the S1 was keeping me updated on facebook how they showed up to clear finance and get their DD214s yesterday and found a sign saying the building was closed for the Holidays until the 27th. Phone calls were made and the staff showed up and people were able to complete the demob in time to be home for Christmas. I think having a total of four individuals with parents that are generals (half retired), one who is the state's Adjutant General probably helped in getting them to show back up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    When people used to ask me whether I thought going in the military was a good idea, I generally said yes (with some caveats). Now when they ask me, I say no way in hell I'd do it again in todays political climate. That's just sad.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    So, we now have KGB style political officers in our military?
    It's a matched set with our STASI NSA.

We have become so politically correct in the US that when our European guys come over to the US, we have to tell them to tone it down a bit.

Freedom of religion has become freedom from religion.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    When people used to ask me whether I thought going in the military was a good idea, I generally said yes (with some caveats). Now when they ask me, I say no way in hell I'd do it again in todays political climate. That's just sad.
    In my line of work I come in contact with a lot of young ones whom the military would do wonders. I used to tell them to go into whatever branch they wanted to get out of the area. Not so much anymore. It is a shame it has come to this.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    glocktogo....I agree 100%. I don't even make mention I was the Corps anymore.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast