Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First AR-15?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sc View Post
    i only see 2 under $1,500 are you sure there is nothing comparable, remeber all I want to do is just shoot accurate groups, it doesn't have to be top of the line.
    Go to the ar tech. forum & check out the sticky (2nd one ) there is a comparison chart of major ar brands.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you're looking for something readily available on most dealer's shelves, I'd go with the S&W M&P (non-railed version) over the RRA, BM, DPMS, Olympic, etc.

If you want something a little nicer yet a bit cheaper, the ADS from G&R appear to be quite the bargain at $840. I'd opt for the mid-length gas over the M4. You should be able to get one of these to your door (including shipping and transfer fees to your local dealer) for under $950.

The Charles Daly guns are also shaping up to be a nice option but I'm not sure if they're making it out to retail customers as of yet.

Finally, if you're willing to do the most basic of assembly (essentially the reverse of what you'll wind up doing every time you clean it) you can buy an LMT complete lower, upper, handguards, bolt carrier group, and charging handle typically for under $1k total.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Wink

thanks for all of the replies.

on average how accurate are the Smith&Wesson M&P?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sc View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm new here and was looking to get some suggestions for my first AR-15.
    I know most of you like LMT, Colt, etc. The things is I'm on a budget. I really can't see myself spending more than $1,050 without some serious persuasion.

The main thing I'm looking for is accuracy So please what are your suggestions?

I'm thinking RRA, but I know that brand is looked down upon here. So just let me hear your opinion. I would like a gun that is accurate enough to varmint hunt out to 400+ yards.

Well thanks in advance,

Ryan (308sc)
    If you are looking for longer range accuracy, look at a SS barrel. You are most likely a "light user" so just buy anything you want.

C4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12