Thread: Another Aimpoint Question

Feedback Score

Another Aimpoint Question

How far away from the eye do you guys prefer your Aimpoints? Although I'm interested to hear from everyone, I would specifically be interested in hearing from those of you who are NOT running a rear sight in the UP position.
    IOW's, for those of you who are either NOT running a rear BUIS at all, or for those who are running their carbine with the rear BUIS in the DOWN position, HOW far away from the eye do you prefer your Aimpoint???
    Realizing that a rear sight in the UP position, could affect your answer, that is why I specified about the rear BUIS.
    I'm planning on running Troy BUIS in the DOWN position of course, and an Aimpoint CompM3 or ML3 (not sure yet).
    This is my first Aimpoint, and for that matter, my first 1x red dot sight to date.
    I've just always used the good ol irons, or a TA31 RCO M4 ACOG.
    Anyhow, I am trying to decide between the standard Larue Aimpoint mount, OR the Larue Cantilever mount.
    I know either would work, but I thought I'd check with you guys to see what you all thought, and which mount you prefer?
    BTW, those new M4S mounts are quite possibly the sweetest dot sights I've seen, but I'd like to see a more realistic price.
    I suppose most of us will just have to deal with the M3/ML3.
    Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    Paul,
    I prefer running my CompM3 and CompM4s in cantilever mounts sitting as far forward on the upper receiver rail as possible. You shoot Aimpoint Red Dot Sights with both eyes open and it is 1X so "eye relief" is not an issue. By running the Aimpoint far forward on rail in a cantilever mount will give you the space you need for a 3X magnifier and BUIS if you decide you'd like a magnifier later.

I think you find this set up very fast, effective, and efficient.

S/F