Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Original SOE Gear

Feedback Score

Original SOE Gear

Anyone done business with these guys:

http://originalsoegear.com/index.html

I can't find a phone number on their site and they're non-responsive to emails. I've heard good stuff about their equipment, but the incommunicado bit kinda puts me off, if you know what I mean.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by No.6 View Post
    Anyone done business with these guys:

http://originalsoegear.com/index.html

I can't find a phone number on their site and they're non-responsive to emails. I've heard good stuff about their equipment, but the incommunicado bit kinda puts me off, if you know what I mean.
    I have several pieces of John Willis' kit. He's a small operation that originally catered to mostly SEALS and Recon Bubbas in the San Diego area. He just relocated to TN.

If you place an order, you will have to wait a while. He is difficult to get a hold of sometimes. But his gear is worth the wait and money. And the guys overseas or about to go should have priority.

If you order from Tactical Response gear, they have a lot of his stuff in stock and ready to ship.

Anything else is made to order or custom ordered.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

SOE

Nothing but good things to say about the company and the gear. Orders came extremely quick and were exactly what I was looking for.
    "Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of lambs."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    John makes good kit- it takes a little time. If you are in "need" of stuff he can get it to you a litter faster but if you are a civ you have to wait a little longer.
    His gear is is probably the most heavy duty stuff out there.

He doesn't take calls- shoot him an email.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the responses.
    I've tried email, but if he's in the process of, or the aftermath of moving, I can see why I've had no emails from him. I guess what I'll do is put an order together and get a pleasant surprise when it hits my door step.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I tried contacting John several times over the last 3 months and never got a reply. I hate having a need for a product, money in hand, and not being able to get an answer.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=DJK;242242...
    I hate having a need for a product, money in hand, and not being able to get an answer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know the feeling.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I placed an order over two months ago for a riggers belt, sent a paypal payment, no belt so far and can't get him to respond to an email. Still waiting.
    Glock Armorer

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmaGlock View Post
    I placed an order over two months ago for a riggers belt, sent a paypal payment, no belt so far and can't get him to respond to an email. Still waiting.
    Similar experience here, except it's been 4.5 months and it was for a MOLLE belt sleeve that he had in stock.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post
    Similar experience here, except it's been 4.5 months and it was for a MOLLE belt sleeve that he had in stock.
    Jeeze. I guess I'm going to go through Paypal if I don't hear from him soon to get my money back so I can buy a belt from somewhere else.
    Glock Armorer

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast