Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: $17.88 at Walmart

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This thread got me thinking about bolting two Plastix Plus AR display stands to the bottom to secure my carbines. They would have to be mounted to a base (plywood?) that would be bolted through the case bottom to distribute the weight over a wider foot print. My 10.5 LMT would fit but I would have to take the collapsable stock of my 16 carbine. It is 33" long with the stock collapsed.

Any thoughts? Would the rail or stock also need to be supprted? For < $100 it would make a fairly secure weapon case that would prevent the guns from rattling around, with room to carry other stuff. The Container Store has the Sterilite case with wheels for $30. Northern Tool was > $60.

http://www.plastixplustx.com/ar15/ar15.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    This thread got me thinking about bolting two Plastix Plus AR display stands to the bottom to secure my carbines. They would have to be mounted to a base (plywood?) that would be bolted through the case bottom to distribute the weight over a wider foot print. My 10.5 LMT would fit but I would have to take the collapsable stock of my 16 carbine. It is 33" long with the stock collapsed.

Any thoughts? Would the rail or stock also need to be supprted? For < $100 it would make a fairly secure weapon case that would prevent the guns from rattling around, with room to carry other stuff. The Container Store has the Sterilite case with wheels for $30. Northern Tool was > $60.

http://www.plastixplustx.com/ar15/ar15.html
    Maybe you could you place the carbine diagional across the case and still have room to get the SBR along the side? you will lose alot of space in the case.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the pictures

Feedback Score

Talking Uhh.....

No offense guys, but am I the only one who doesn't want my equipment to stand out as tactical. I recently bought a used, medium rolling suitcase in a forest green color. I spent a few days reinforcing the inner plastic frame w/ aluminum conduit, and then stitched in holding straps. It carries my M4gery, LB rig, and other ancillary gear quite well. It has a built in hanger bar, so when my body armor is ready, I'll be able to secure that inside it as well on a hanger. I was even able to strap my 870 into it as well. Unfortunately, it's not big enough for my ALICE pack inside w/ all the rest of the gear, but I think my tacticool sling bag will fit just fine. It came out so well, that a buddy of mine who is a local PD SWAT sniper is trying to build a similar low profile rig for all of his roll out gear. I really doubt he'll ever get a Rem 700 into it, but a SR25 in two pieces would probably fit.

Feedback Score
    We demand PICS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah pictures of that would be good.

It sounds very interesting, but I'd like to see it.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if theres any avaliable in Southern California? or Special Order type deal.
    do you know if their still making them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    someone mentioned plywood... my first thought was reinforcing the mounting areas in general, not just to do the bottom. when you drill/bolt through plastic there's potential for bustage, even if you use big ass washers.. might be a good idea to block anything you mount to the sides.. 3/8th plywood squares or circles at the mounting spots would add a shitload of rigity and take up no space.

as far as packing longer guns... just pop the upper off and mount each half on either side.. maybe even one above the other?

damn fine idea, i should add.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 11-13-08 at 00:12.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234