Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How many sbr owners without suppressors?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

How many sbr owners without suppressors?

Im in between buying a suppressor now or just rolling the dice with what the atf plans to do with the trust route(my cleo wont sign).I have a aac ti9 that frankly I really dont use other than to let some of my non gun friends see its not just like the movies.Im just wondering how many of you with 10.5" or similar sbr's dont have a can to accompany it?

I dont use any of my AR's as a home defense tool and Im unsure if I really want to invest the extra time and money in something Im not sure will bring me a ton of joy.Is it a must have? would you feel left out without having one?

just trying to get some other opinions on whether or not the extra 500-1k dollars is worth it

Feedback Score
    I have cans for all my SBR's (mostly 11.5"). I have shot them without the cans, but somehow it's just more fun with 'em on.
    If I was an operator who really needed the benefits of a small weapon platform for ingress/egress and mobility, I could see ditching the can.
    Excreta tauri vincit omnia !

Feedback Score
    I have a 12.5" Noveske I carry on duty without a suppressor. Nice compact, light package that makes getting in and out of vehicles, building searches, etc easier without giving up the advantages of a rifle.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Just FYI...if you bring a SBR unsuppressed to a training class everyone WILL hate you and will let you know.

Nothing like doing room clearing live fire drills with a nit-wit with a SBR as your partner.

We were all about ready to shoot the guy by the end of the day just to put his rifle out of action.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    I shoot my 11.5 bcm without a can (pending surefire socom), with a surefire flash hider it's not bad but I wouldn't chose to stand next to someone shooting it for any length of time. Once the can comes through I'm throwing a brake on it, the can will be semi permanent then.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    "It's not bad" ... maybe not for you behind the rifle, but for everyone else within the blast radius it is a miserable experience.

Try a drill while shooting from a vehicle with a guy who is running one in the back seat with you.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    That's true your right I wouldn't want to be in the blast radius of one. The op wasn't asking that particular question though, to me being behind the gun without a can is no different than being behind my 14.5 inch ar. For the record I wear plugs and electronic muffs.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I will be running an 11.5 with an A2 flash hider or PIG on duty with no plans or $$ for a can. If I go to a training class, I have access to longer ARs. My goal with this set up was to have a short rifle that will hide easily in a discreet bag since I am no longer on patrol (driving a desk in admin but want to be ready for anything that might arise) and take my rifle (bag) in and out of my car a lot.
    Last edited by SW CQB 45; 12-29-13 at 08:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There's nothing wrong with using a non-suppressed SBR in class. It's no worse than some of the brakes and comps guys are running around with

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I run a 12.5" sbr everyday at work as a Patrol Deputy, I own a can but it does not reside on the gun at all. It might if it was a mini can but it's an AAC SPR/M4 and it doesn't see much use at all, especially since I don't have the ability to mount it to anything right now. I run an SBR for the shorter length to make it easier to run from the front seat of my car and in tight buildings etc, adding a can that lengthens the overall package by 5 inches isn't worth it to me.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast