Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense New for 2014 Offering

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Meloniting is a trademark name for nitrocarburization. No word if its fluidized bed method or not.

It will be tougher, harder, more corrosion resistant with more uniformity. On auto engine valves the distortion is within 0.001 inch. On a barrel it would be lapped (hand or machine).

I'm trying to find out the alloy; someone will find out at SHOT I'm sure.

Final specs have not been decided according to the article.

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Meloniting is a trademark name for nitrocarburization. No word if its fluidized bed method or not.

It will be tougher, harder, more corrosion resistant with more uniformity. On auto engine valves the distortion is within 0.001 inch. On a barrel it would be lapped (hand or machine).

I'm trying to find out the alloy; someone will find out at SHOT I'm sure.

Final specs have not been decided according to the article.

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."
    You are correct.

I hope this will be with their S2W profile.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    1510691_589521561095707_58071338_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Defense Facebook Page View Post
    The Daniel Defense MK12 will be rolled out in 2 weeks at SHOT Show 2014. In the Daniel Defense edition of the Book of the AR15, Tom Beckstrand writes, “If the program (USSOCOM’s Special Purpose Receiver [SPR] Program) started today, the finished product would look like this.”

So what makes this MK12 different? The barrel! Not only is it Cold Hammer Forged like all DD barrels, it’s forged from a proprietary blend of Stainless Steel to create the longest-lasting barrel. What makes the MK12 Stainless Steel barrel the most accurate barrel is the fact that the chamber is created at the same time the barrel is forged. CHF Stainless Steel barrels have been hard to come by… until now. The MK12 also features the Daniel Defense MK12 gas block and rifle length gas system, plus comes standard with a Geissele SSA® 2-stage trigger and DDM4 Rail 12.0.

If you plan to be at SHOT Show January 14-17, come by and see the new MK12 from Daniel Defense at Booth 20371. Be sure to get an early glimpse of the MK12 inside the DD edition of the Book of the AR15 on newsstands now at various local retailers.
    Last edited by johnpuga1982; 01-01-14 at 23:01.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    mk262 mod1 ammo is far more accurate than the crap M118LR Lake City produces.

An SPR is a far easier, and more forgiving, rifle to shoot accurately and fast than any mil type 7.62... The other day..at 400m I had 4-5 hits on a pepper popper as it's slowly tipping to each hit of a friends 7.62 (not so slowly tipping).. I would guestimate an spr is 3x faster to hit with from 300-500m

I wouldn't consider a 7.62 limited to 800m by any means.. 1200m reasonable in my book. If you can get decent ammo which is transonic stable & a FFP optic suite
    Absolutely, there are many that are able to take the 308 to a mile on a gas gun with the new technology we have. The old school way of 5.56 only being affective to 600m and the 308 to only 800m is very outdated.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    Absolutely, there are many that are able to take the 308 to a mile on a gas gun with the new technology we have. The old school way of 5.56 only being affective to 600m and the 308 to only 800m is very outdated.
    The probability of taking the .308 to a Mile is a complete Crap-shoot. Can it be done after 20 or 30 tries? Yes, if you're lucky and the stars are aligned right, your Target is 2 MOA and the wind is either Nil or completely constant...both of which highly unlikely.

Let's not start throwing out blanket statements about unrealistic expectations of a cartridge. The probability for a first round, cold bore hit with M118LR at 600m is 90%, and it goes downhill fast after 700-800m. That's provided you can dope the wind to within + or - 1mph, you've ranged correctly to + or - 10m, and you AND your Rig are Half Moa capable.

Feedback Score

When I've been in the pits, and people with gas guns in 5.56 shooting 77g smk, before the 700m mark is where you lost the supersonic crack, and by 800 they keyholed. A bolt gun with same ammo got to 1k without keyholing(it was subsonic past 800m though). Not saying I would want to take rounds from that distance, but there are better tools for the job.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dorton View Post
    When I've been in the pits, and people with gas guns in 5.56 shooting 77g smk, before the 700m mark is where you lost the supersonic crack, and by 800 they keyholed. A bolt gun with same ammo got to 1k without keyholing(it was subsonic past 800m though). Not saying I would want to take rounds from that distance, but there are better tools for the job.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I completely agree. All I was saying is that the belief that these rounds "are not capable" that's all. There are MANY better tools to reach those distances.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    Let's not start throwing out blanket statements about unrealistic expectations of a cartridge.
    That's not what I was doing. Look it up. Do your own research. There's plenty of it out there.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    That's not what I was doing. Look it up. Do your own research. There's plenty of it out there.
    Without getting personal...Telling people that .308 is a Mile Cartridge is rediculous, especially saying while doing it out of a Gas Gun.

Also, what New Technology are you speaking of, that negates the "old school" effective ranges? Exterior Ballistics is Exterior Ballistics. Physics stay the same. There is hardly any new technology with the .308 and 5.56

So please, expound upon us your thought process?

I'm seriously all ears.

*No attitude meant, just trying to have a respectful conversation*

Sorry to OP, back on topic
    Last edited by HD1911; 01-06-14 at 09:36. Reason: Didn't mean to Derail thread

Feedback Score
    PM sent

*Not at all! Just didn't want to derail the thread by our side conversation no anger whatsoever*
    Last edited by Doc. Holiday; 01-06-14 at 14:03.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast