Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chicago Police requiring all officers to register all firearms, even their off duty

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GotAmmo View Post
    Honestly, it's Chicago... why exhaust yourself trying to make sense of what crazy shtuff they come up with.
    Mostly the above...

They probably view it as any firearm owned by an officer is potentially one that could end up in an officer involves shooting. There may be insurance reasons, or other non-nefarious issues at hand. Or they could just be building a registry of firearms and making it a police issue first, then expanding to other city job families under the auspices of "safety" happens. Nobody knows, but it looks to be something they can't enforce anyway. My employer has me update my vehicle, and plate number with them, even though I don't drive for work. I think they still have my car from '06 on file...

Sent using Tapatalk
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    I'm happy to see the gander getting what the goose does. You want to get rid of stupid gun control laws...force cops to follow them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Living only 4hrs south of the great sucking void that is Chicago, this seems like just another experiment to see how much tyranny will be tolerated. This is how it works in IL; if you can't impose your will on the whole population, pick a group, any group, separate it from the rest of the state's citizens, and start imposing your will. If this group chooses to scream and fight, back off slightly until resistance lessens or court order strikes it down. If your new tyrannical dream is somehow well received, increase regulations and requirements until amount of screaming and fighting or court order forces a slight retreat. Move on to the next group. And so on... Its conditioning the populace one small group at a time. Much easier and more effective. And always done under cover of "safety" or "it could be used for education."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thebarracuda View Post
    Living only 4hrs south of the great sucking void that is Chicago, this seems like just another experiment to see how much tyranny will be tolerated. This is how it works in IL; if you can't impose your will on the whole population, pick a group, any group, separate it from the rest of the state's citizens, and start imposing your will. If this group chooses to scream and fight, back off slightly until resistance lessens or court order strikes it down. If your new tyrannical dream is somehow well received, increase regulations and requirements until amount of screaming and fighting or court order forces a slight retreat. Move on to the next group. And so on... Its conditioning the populace one small group at a time. Much easier and more effective. And always done under cover of "safety" or "it could be used for education."
    MY brain patterns were very much along these same lines. In other words I am thinking what you are thinking.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12