Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to tune the Hornady Lock-N-Load AP progressive press

Feedback Score
    I've been having the same problems you described so I searched for the shims online. I found them on a site called Cometsupply.com for 8 dollars and change so I ordered them. Because it was a small order they added a fee and the total cost was over 20 dollars which they charged my card the same day. After 2 weeks waiting for them to process the order, I started looking for the shims elsewhere. Amazon just happened to get some in so I bought the set for $6.63 with free 2 day shipping. I'm still waiting for the other place. I did notice that the shims I need for one shell plate is different than what I need for another so when I switch from reloading 40 S&W to 357 magnum I have to change to a thinner shim for the #6 shell plate to move. I haven't switched back to 40 S&W yet so will have to wait and see if the thinner shim will still help my #10 shell plate keep from spilling powder and seating the primer properly. I'll try to update this post when I find out. Looks like I should consider doing something about the #6 shell plate. I'll have to see if any of my other shell plates will have a similar effect. I wish the #6 shell plate would have been sloppier than the #10 since the taller cases have no problem with powder spill.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just got one of these presses, and low and behold the snap motion reared it's head. I used my google fu and found this fix. I was ready to order the shims and thought I would just check to see what I had on hand that might work. AR barrel nut shims are a direct fit, and I mean direct! You wont even be able to tell there's a shim in there. They do tend to be a bit more pricey than the arbor shims, but if you happen to already have some on hand.....

Many thanks to the OP, you sir are brilliant, I would never have thought this was the cause.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12