Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible future MKE importation...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Possible future MKE importation...

It should be interesting to see what price they come in at, as supposedly ATI could not reach an agreement on what they felt was reasonable for round 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZwQAZBOAN4

I'm sure if they try to stand up US production, they will **** it up.

Also, I'm sure that IF there is ever another round of imports from HK they will be in some distasteful configuration.
    Last edited by KalashniKEV; 01-19-14 at 18:16.

Feedback Score
    I missed out on the first batch. I'm glad they are coming back in but I'm not really interested US manufactured stuff. Doesn't MKE also manufacture the 416? Could this be a way to get more HK designed goodies if HK used that partnership to circumvent some of the german laws?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyNeverDies View Post
    I missed out on the first batch. I'm glad they are coming back in but I'm not really interested US manufactured stuff. Doesn't MKE also manufacture the 416? Could this be a way to get more HK designed goodies if HK used that partnership to circumvent some of the german laws?
    Yes, they do make a 416-ish rifle, not sure where the differences come from...

I wonder how HK feels about one of their licensed factories... licensing a factory though...

Feedback Score
    Not sure what the differences are in the two guns. I know that Germany has some complicated laws about exporting small arms designs. I wonder if it is easier to export designs to an existing licensed factory. Maybe that could help in getting designs such as the MP7 to US shores.

I've heard a lot about why we can't get US/German manufactured 416 uppers and most of the info seems to point towards german laws. Not sure if its that or HK's USA lack of interest?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I wouldn't mind hearing more about that 416 above, is just a shitty licensed gun or the real deal just made by MKE?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sua175 View Post
    ...is just a shitty licensed gun or the real deal just made by MKE?
    Well... it is a licensed gun, manufactured by MKE.

Did you mean shitty clone gun?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yes I mean is built to the same exact specs as a hk 416?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sua175 View Post
    Yes I mean is built to the same exact specs as a hk 416?
    Ummmm... No, because it's a half a pound heavier, longer, and.... anyway, if you watched the video you would know that we're talking about a possible 3rd round of importation on the classic HK 9X series guns- including a 93-type that doesn't have the stupid top push pin, if I'm seeing that correctly.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No i watched the video, I know the history of MKE importing hk94 like guns, I was just curious about their 416. I personally think the MP5 design is outdated for modern mil/police use with better options out there. I think pistol caliber subguns are pretty much the way of the dodo due to weapons like the MK18 and MP7 which easily fill the roles of the mp5. Still neat guns though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Yes, they do make a 416-ish rifle, not sure where the differences come from...

I wonder how HK feels about one of their licensed factories... licensing a factory though...
    WOW. Interesting.

Do you know if Turkish forces have adopted the MKE version of the 416?

Have any other military/security forces of any other nation?

Or is it just being idly displayed in the glass gun counter of the world arms market?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast