Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Keltec rifles at SHOT 2014

Feedback Score

New Keltec rifles at SHOT 2014

Is this real?

The "M43" looks so bizarre, I thought it was an early rifle prototype from the 1950s. I suppose the 5.56mm version of the RFB was inevitable, but why so long after the .308 version?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With Keltec real might be relative. Will the make them? Sure. Enough to meet market demand? Now there is the question.

Honestly wish they would focus on working the kinks out of their current weapon lines and get supply back up there. They have several very interesting ideas and several show promise if only demand was met and the bugs were worked out.

As far as a Bullpup M43, if it is real, and I don't doubt that it could be, what does this do that a Tavor or AUG don't?
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    M43 and the picture make me think some 1940's runner up to Mikael Kalashinov's design.
    It took five years to see the RFB at neighborhood gunshows... Inless the 5.56 is $750 why try?

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    I have a very hard-to-shake attitude toward Keltec that equates "Keltec" with "crap."

It may not be rationale, or fair, but there it is.

My son has a Keltec pistol for CCW and has had nothing but problems with it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Their concepts seem sound. Its their product that seems lacking.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    Is this real?
    Yes, it's real.
    I first heard about it through Oleg Volk back in October 2013.
    He mentioned doing a photo shoot for a new Kel-Tec bullpup rifle in 5.56x45mm that was not based on the Kel-Tec RFB and was going to be debuted at the 2014 SHOT Show.
    Last edited by Quiet; 01-01-14 at 11:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    With Keltec real might be relative. Will the make them? Sure. Enough to meet market demand? Now there is the question.

Honestly wish they would focus on working the kinks out of their current weapon lines and get supply back up there. They have several very interesting ideas and several show promise if only demand was met and the bugs were worked out.

As far as a Bullpup M43, if it is real, and I don't doubt that it could be, what does this do that a Tavor or AUG don't?
    if it's priced around a grand +/- a hundred bucks it'll cost less than the tavor and AUG, with that said they will be so far and few between price will be artificially driven up. The RFB has been out for 3 or 4 years now and it's still very difficult to find one.

Feedback Score
    Even Kel Tec has its fan boys so it will sell. They will go for double the M.S.R.P for the first year or more and then down in price(still above MSRP) but still be impossible to find. I really have to wonder why they would come out with this when they could could have invested in increasing their production capabilities. It is the ugliest modern bullpup I've seen. I don't have faith that it will work either. 6.5 pressures in a Kel Tec also sound like a disaster waiting to happen.

Feedback Score
    I'll pass on anything Kel-Tec. Watched too many of then fail in our CCH classes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am very confused as to why they would have the RDB and the M43.

I do like the M43's looks, it does look like a 1950s prototype, but i will most likely never have either.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast