Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Keltec rifles at SHOT 2014

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by G19A3 View Post
    Please dear Lord, have someone at Magpul (who decides such things) fall and bump their noggin, wake up, and decide that producing the PDR-C and PDR-D is a great idea. Or at least, sell the concept to FN, or Ruger, or S&W, or ..........
    Check out the Desert Tech MDR. It's the closest thing to the PDR I have seen. It is still at the development level so I'm sure there will be changes. The MDR has made me lose interest in other bullpup platform. Right them an email and say you'd like to see a less bulky rear of the gun so it can fill niche the PDR would have. They might take it into account. I am writing them tell them the feature/enhancements I would like added.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    If Keltec would put all of their energy into building a better sub2k instead of weird back of the closet guns for people that don't know any better, they'd change their image overnight.

Fix the sights, fix the plastic stock, make it so it doesn't feel like it was built in some dude's garage, and...profit.

Profit??? Kel-tec doesn't even produce enough inventory for the guns already designed that people will buy NOW. They are not in the business for profit. Apparently, they are an R&D company, AND just as a hobby.
    Last edited by G19A3; 01-20-14 at 00:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyNeverDies View Post
    Check out the Desert Tech MDR. It's the closest thing to the PDR I have seen. It is still at the development level so I'm sure there will be changes. The MDR has made me lose interest in other bullpup platform. Right them an email and say you'd like to see a less bulky rear of the gun so it can fill niche the PDR would have. They might take it into account. I am writing them tell them the feature/enhancements I would like added.
    I agree. The MDR prototypes do have a J-Lo-esque thing going on and could use a diet in the butt area. However, I wonder if it is necessarily large to house part of the mechanism in there, or is it some butt cellulite for the purpose of "storing a cleaning kit."
    Last edited by G19A3; 01-20-14 at 01:00.

Feedback Score
    Haha. I have no idea but an AR or SCAR's mechanical parts don't go that deep. I'd guess it's more more balance, looks, or feel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyNeverDies View Post
    Haha. I have no idea but an AR or SCAR's mechanical parts don't go that deep. I'd guess it's more more balance, looks, or feel.
    I agree, the operating parts shouldn't go that deep.

On the AUG and FS2000 bullpups, they have near-useless storage areas down in the same area. Cavernous too. My GF parks her Smart car in my FS2000's butt storage space.

The ENTIRE purpose of a bullpup is to take advantage of its compact envelope. Not look for ways to bulk it up.

It certainly isn't for balance as bullpups are already waaay weight-biased towards the rear by their very nature.

If they think that extra material makes it look better...it doesn't.

If it is indeed useless butt cellulite (Is that redundant?)....They should get rid of it. Especially on the "C" model.

Even with the regular model, the horizontal front handguard looks disproportionately smallish, compared to that large butt. Sorta like a Tyrannosaurus Rex with it's tiny arms and thick legs.

In contrast, the Magpul PDR-C and PDR-D prototypes appear visually proportionate and svelte.

If it is for feel, they should shorten it with a picatinny rail on the bottom....so an optional "buttplate extender with cleaning kit storage" can Quick Attach on for those with huge, Hulk-like shoulders.

Even the updated model of the Tavor has reduced the buttplate height in their latest X95 version.

Regardless, I wish Desert Tech the best. Because system reliability takes priority, especially in a new design.
    Last edited by G19A3; 01-21-14 at 04:43.

Feedback Score
    Yet another Kel-Tec I'll never see at my LGS. Their .308 has been out for years? Never seen one. I guess I'm not missing anything. Still, I would like to find a PMR-30. Got to shoot one at my local indoor range. Wow! Huge fireball and zero recoil.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345