Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Keltec rifles at SHOT 2014

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    I have a very hard-to-shake attitude toward Keltec that equates "Keltec" with "crap."

It may not be rationale, or fair, but there it is.

My son has a Keltec pistol for CCW and has had nothing but problems with it.

I'm on the same page as you here. Wouldn't be a company I'd ever spend $$$ on.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Keltec SERIOUSLY NEEDS to hire a Magpul plastic engineer. Looks like one of the requirements when Keltec is designing a gun is to make it as ugly as possible. Every gun they design looks cobbled together from malformed plastic pieces with miles of reinforcing ribs.

Just look at either example's buttstock and how it attaches.

The mag release looks like a thin piece of sheet metal.

Also, does Keltec own a screw manufacturing company or something? While other manufacturers try their best to lessen the use of screws, Keltec tries their best to use as many screws as possible.

REALLY WTF??

Well, I can still dream of somebody producing the Magpul PDR.
    Last edited by G19A3; 01-02-14 at 00:36.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

The M43 has the apperance of retro prototype, maybe that was their plan. It looks like the bastard child of a . . .

Soviet Korobov TKB-022

and a . . .

British Enfield EM-2
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The M43 would be cool if it were all folded sheet metal and cost $400.

Quote Originally Posted by G19A3 View Post
    Keltec SERIOUSLY NEEDS to hire a Magpul plastic engineer.
    Keltec is not capable of producing anything but junk guns... it's not that they're just missing this one guy with the knowledge to un-**** the entire operation.

They should sell their ideas to other companies to fix them up and get them across the finish line... like the Ruger LCP.
    (but not like how the Masada turned into the ACR)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    With Keltec real might be relative. Will the make them? Sure. Enough to meet market demand? Now there is the question.

Honestly wish they would focus on working the kinks out of their current weapon lines and get supply back up there. They have several very interesting ideas and several show promise if only demand was met and the bugs were worked out.

As far as a Bullpup M43, if it is real, and I don't doubt that it could be, what does this do that a Tavor or AUG don't?
    The RDB looks like a decent bullpup, basically looks similar to a Tavor. It will most likely be priced half of what a Tavor may cost, so if the RDB sells for $1k or less (and is somewhat available) then it will be marketable.

I concur that Keltec desperately needs to improve product quality and availability. Although I hear they have good CS and warranty, and another plus is they are American made. That's probably where the pro's end...

It'll be interesting to see these new bullpups if they hit the LGS. I've already seen their KSG's but they are always overpriced.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    KelTec is nothing to get excited about, unless you've bought one and it's giving you trouble.

Solution is to not buy it in the first place.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Has anyone here ever owned a Kel-Tec rifle? Their pistols are absolute piss junk, but I've never had a single issue or seen a single issue with any of their long guns/long gun platforms (owned a PLR-16 in the past).

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Has anyone here ever owned a Kel-Tec rifle? Their pistols are absolute piss junk, but I've never had a single issue or seen a single issue with any of their long guns/long gun platforms (owned a PLR-16 in the past).
    RFB and a plr16. Got rid of them both, but not because they gave me any trouble.

Also had a pf9 pistol which didn't give me any function problems through maybe 200 rounds. What it did do was chew the **** out of my hand so I couldn't really practice with it so I sold it.

Still have a p3at and it hasn't give me any function problems either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    I've owned two Kel-Tec firearms. One handgun (P-32) and one rifle (SU-16CA). Neither gave me any troubles. Sold the SU-16CA to a friend that wanted it more than me. Still have the P-32, since 2004 it's been my main pocket gun (BUG) and have about 3000 rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    I can understand releasing the RDB, since it looks to be the 5.56mm little brother to their RFB, but the M43 just confuses me. Both will likely be impossible to find anywhere since Keltec seems to be more fond of creating new designs than manufacturing their current ones.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast