Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Keltec rifles at SHOT 2014

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Has anyone here ever owned a Kel-Tec rifle? Their pistols are absolute piss junk, but I've never had a single issue or seen a single issue with any of their long guns/long gun platforms (owned a PLR-16 in the past).
    Have a little experience with kel tec rifles. Mostly the Sub 2K, is that they are not the best quality out there. Run a couple Sub 2K back when they first came out and remember them not shooting well. Mostly POA/POI inpact issues that didn't change no matter how much we cranked the sights. I am talking 4 inches to the left and two inches low even at 10 yards. Supposedly this issue has been fixed, or can be fixed with a metal front sight, and perhaps if the Sub 2K were still $299 new I might buy one to play with in 9mm to run my 33rd Glock mags. But since I mostly see them used for $600-900 I will just go build another AR. Have only met one man with the RFB, I didn't get to shoot it, but he claimed it had feeding issues. Will caveat that though since I don't know what ammo he was running and have personally found some .308 semis to be more finicky with ammo, FMJ, BTHP, and SP not all feeding easily, so it could have been an ammo issue.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Has anyone here ever owned a Kel-Tec rifle? Their pistols are absolute piss junk, but I've never had a single issue or seen a single issue with any of their long guns/long gun platforms (owned a PLR-16 in the past).
    I had a Sub2000 that seemed to be laser guided for the 800-1000 rounds fired while in my possession. I was never a big fan of the screw construction, but it didn't fail.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    All I can say is.....UGLY!!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    My 1st CCW was a Kel Tec PF9. It F2E, and FTF several times over the 50 rounds I put through it. It was promptly traded for an LCR. I bought it because it was inexpensive and I had heard good things at the time (One was Nutnfancy mind you). As I have gotten older (and wiser) I have no use for their handguns at all. The thought is usually good, considering they were very big in getting other companies in the small, single stack 9 market. Some people really do like their carbines and sub guns though, even on here. Other than a good price point, you get what you pay for IMO.
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 01-02-14 at 18:19.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The one guy I know who had a RFB could get it running for about 100 rounds between trips back to KT.

He sold it and it broke the gas block less than 50 rounds later.

AFAIK it's still going back and forth between the new owner and KT.

Front ejection does solve the annoying handedness problem that bullpups have and FN has shown that it can work. KelTec, OTOH, isn't FN.

H

Feedback Score
    Keltech!!!! really!!! you can get a Tavor bullpup for about the same price. A real heavy duty military proven firearms V.S a plastic toy.

Feedback Score
    I give these rifles a 1,000 rounds before they blow up.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    If only the front sight was taller.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    I give these rifles a 1,000 rounds before they blow up.
    That's years and years out of a KT. If the MTBTtF* is 50 rounds you'll probably get a decade out of it.

H

*Mean Time Between Trips to Factory

Feedback Score
    I just wish they would concentrate on getting a few more PMR 30's on the market [the .22 magnum handgun]. That is the only Kel tec I've ever been interested in.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast