Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vltor VIS?

Feedback Score
    Eric,

I have a carbine and a middy on order. I've spec'd these for a couple of demo guns I'm building. Can't wait to get them.

Will you be offering an FDE version? I have a customer who wants one that I plan to Molycoat, but I have to figure out how to deal with the logos.

Hardgear

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Well I just got my MUR's in and all I can say is WOW! Fit and finish is awesome and I look forward to doing many builds with these. Here are some pics....

C4

Feedback Score
    I think I'm gonna dig the MUR.
    Save the Pandas!

-Tally Fortenberry
    -Capco Small Arms Research Group

Feedback Score
    The MUR is another excellent product from VLTOR from everything I've seen so far. I got a chance to put one of them together with our new 10.5 barrel this weekend. Makes for a cool package.

Jason
    http://www.jtacsupply.com/catalog
    jason@jtacsupply.com
    918-465-3257
    Quality Gear for Quiet Professionals

Feedback Score
    Jason, that's nice. Tell us about your barrel. I must have missed something.

Feedback Score
    It's a basic WOA match barrel, stainless 1-7 with M4 feedramps. Heavy contour, carbine gas, 1/2x28 thread. Just a little something for the SBR crowd
    http://www.jtacsupply.com/catalog
    jason@jtacsupply.com
    918-465-3257
    Quality Gear for Quiet Professionals

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does anyone know if the receiver portion of the VIS is the heavier MUR or is it a standard receiver? Also, how does the weight of the VIS compare to a receiver and a DD or Troy forend? I sent an email to Vltor last week but never heard back from them.

VLTOR Guest
    Mr. Berryhill-

Sorry that I haven't got back to you sooner. I've been on the road the last few days, doing a little vacation time with family in North Idaho. I'll be in the office Monday morning.

The rear section of the VIS is almost identical to the MUR. The material is different on the VIS, allowing us to fuse the handguard portion to the upper receiver assembly.

Unfortunately, I don't have the numbers/weights of the VIS with me on the road, but from what I remember, the weight is basically the same. When compared to existing configurations (DD, KAC or LT) The VIS may weigh an ounce or two heavier. When I get back to the shop, I'll try to do some weight comparisons.

Once again, sorry for the late response.

Eric

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hi Eric - Sorry to interrupt your vacation! Thanks for the reply and there is no hurry getting back to me with that other info. I'm just trying to get an idea of weight vs. strength of the VIS compared to a receiver/freefloat handguard assembly.

VLTOR Guest
    The VIS, is stronger or more rigid then the standard build, using a conventional flattop and FF RAS-type handguard. If you use a FF RAS handguard with the MUR, the strength will increase. The MUR answers most of the questions regarding the upper receiver rigidity. Either way, we (and others) believe that the MUR and the VIS will make any build more rigid. With rigidity come reliability, strength and accuracy.

Once again, thanks for your interest.

Eric

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast