Thread: Question....do you think the Aimpoint is co-witnessing?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Question....do you think the Aimpoint is co-witnessing?

I realize that he's using a M4 with a removeable carry handle, but for people with A2 uppers, would this be a viable way to get an Aimpoint Comp ML3 to co-witness with the irons?

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    I'm not a fan of mounting to handguards but as long as that rail doesn't move then it should be fine.

I think I'd rather have an Aimpoint on one of those than a FF rail.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Ok...what's the general consensus on goose neck mounts....if you don't have a rail on the rifle?
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    Ok...what's the general consensus on goose neck mounts....if you don't have a rail on the rifle?
    ARMS makes an okay one and so does Bennie Cooley. I'd much rather have a rail or flat top though.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Prior to the MATECH BUIS being issued in the Army this was the way a lot of Infantry units had their Joes mount the CCO in order to have instant Back ups.

It works, but I wouldn't mount optics on a forearm rail that wasn't connected directly to the upper reciever in one way or another.
    "Home Is Where You Drop Your Ruck"-Cyclops

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Damn I love that photo!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bladerunner (AKA "The Colonel") has been running his EoTech this way for years. I have never seen it it bother him.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    If it works for him I wouldn't question it. He looks like he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He has my respect.
    "If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I can't imagine it would be much different than running a fixed BUIS like a LMT or Larue, just that the optic would be a few inches farther forward.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm with Cyclops on this one.. you can do it that way and at CQB ranges or ranges out to 50-100M the POA/POI is probably not gonna matter much shooting Minute of Man with an Aimpoint/EOTech on a KAC RAS.

We would run PAC 4's on the KAC RAIL and the PEQ2A's as well and they hold zero well enough. The big Army always feels the need to have the Carry handle optics somewhere on the weapon vs. in your ruck/Gear. That's why we would see pics of the carry handles mounted on the 3 O'clock Rail. Just a convenient location on the weapon.

I've just not been a big fan of mounting optics that far forward regardless of what rail is out there. Having a Red dot optic centered around the Delta ring I think is the optimal location for the 90 percentile of shooters.

I also recommend a flat top, I took the hit and got rid of my Fixed A2 years ago so I don't have to mess with the whole Gooseneck/optic mounting headaches that the A2 provides. Go find a $100 Flat top upper and have your gunsmith swap it out and go sell your A2 upper on an exchange board.... that's what I did and never looked back...

Again were talking a 4 MOA CQB optic and not a 10X SPR shooting MK262 ammo