Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally an XD worth the money...XD-M

Feedback Score

Finally an XD worth the money...XD-M

A friend brought the new XD-M over today.

I generally regard XD's as being junk pistols based upon my extensive experiance with the pistol just after the feeding frenzy that came after the first HGOTY award. They just sucked across the board

However, I can say the XD-M has improved quite a bit. It's got a much better trigger and a slight nose heavy feel because the barrel is slightly longer than standard XD's. Combine the two and it makes for a nice shooter with decent recoil control even with my usual 155gr rangers.

Accuracy was on par with my HK 40. Tactical. They feature a match barrel

The slide has also been recontoured, and the grip has adjustable backstraps

The 16rd mags is quite an impressive amount of firepower as well

Overall, I regard the XD-M as superior to the standard XD

And keep in mind, I dont like the XD and have never said a nice word about one till today

It cost my friend $659, which is for sure way more than I would pay for an XD under normal circumstances

Last edited by variablebinary; 05-14-08 at 10:42. Reason: grammer
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    So why does the XD suck? I've had an XD9 for a few years and can't think of a bad thing to say about it. Are you just calling a pistol junk because you don't like the trigger? The XDM is the same damn thing, it just looks different.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdw1016 View Post
    So why does the XD suck? I've had an XD9 for a few years and can't think of a bad thing to say about it. Are you just calling a pistol junk because you don't like the trigger? The XDM is the same damn thing, it just looks different.
    The XD-M isn't the "same damn thing"

The recoil, guide rod assembly are different

Different barrel than standard XD

4.5" barrel instead of 4"

The trigger felt better compared to what I remember about XD's. I haven't shot or owned one in awhile so a side by side comparison would be most definitive.

As for why I regard standard XD's as being junk, I've already recounted my experiences with a few dozen XD's a million times over and don't care to retype it again.

If they worked, I would take the brand more seriously, but in my experience, to the tune of over 5000 rounds worth of trigger time, they are substandard firearms and not to be lumped in with SIG, Glock and HK
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post

If they worked, I would take the brand more seriously, but in my experience, to the tune of over 5000 rounds worth of trigger time, they are substandard firearms and not to be lumped in with SIG, Glock and HK

wow, serious words.

Feedback Score
    Ok, well with my XD9 that I have owned for about 4 years and put about 4000 rounds through I haven't had ANY problems. Zero malfunctions of any kind, ever.

I'm not going to go searching for why you think XDs are junk. I am sure you could explain it in about a paragraph and I don't think it is fair to shit all over a certain pistol and then refuse to explain yourself in the same thread.

So does the XDM use the full-length guide rod that the 5" model XDs use? If so thats not a big change. They're just trying to get a piece of the interchangeable back strap crowd as far as I'm concerned. I think they're ugly and I'm glad I have one of the early models, an exact clone of the HS2000.

When I said its "the same damn thing," I meant it is the same method of operation as current XDs. An extra 0.5" of barrel, better trigger, reshaped exterior, and full-length guide rod does not make it a new pistol or any more reliable or less reliable. It still operates on the same mechanism as the original XDs.

Feedback Score
    Originally Posted by variablebinary

It seems to me that most glock fans feel this way. Chevy VS. Ford!

I'm a chevy fan, and an XD man!, i wonder if they'll release it in .45?

Feedback Score
    I doubt it would sell well in .45, people who choose .45s usually are no-nonsense people who don't buy a new pistol because of some froo-froo shit like interchangeable back straps or a reshaped slide. People who like 9mm and .40 cal, however, usually have a higher estrogen content and are easily swayed by these marketing gimmicks that play on emotion and cosmetic "improvements."

Did I mention the XD is the only 9mm I own and that I just got it for the cheap ammo?

Feedback Score

HA HA

Obviously Quality and reliability are #1 in anyone's book, but a good looking gun is frosting on the cake, i actually like the new style. The feature's which were changed all have to do with fit/function/accurracy, and lastly ''cool factor''. IMHO

I agree, i own a 9mm for 1 reason, fixed income-cheap ammo!
    Last edited by M1A2_Tanker; 05-14-08 at 03:35. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    I don't like the looks of the XDM. With that being said, if you like the looks and they have a better trigger and a match grade barrel and fit your hand better (which all add up to making the pistol easier to shoot well) then those are good things. But the fact still remains that it is bad form to bad-mouth a product and then decline to explain why aside from vague statements of unreliability.

A match grade barrel, full length guide rod, extra barrel length, better trigger, and improved ergonomics are great; but not requirements for a serious fighting pistol. You need to be able to reliably hit a man-sized target at 25 yards if the weapon is dirty or not, THATS IT. The XD does that for me and everyone else that I know who owns one. I think the OP just got ahold of a lemon or something.

Sig pistols don't fit my hands at all and I can't shoot them well at all because of this. That doesn't make them bad pistols, does it? That seems to be the type of logic present in the OP's argument for the XD being junk.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I had to double-check the URL after reading this junk.

M_P

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast