Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATFonline eForms and Internet browsers

Feedback Score

ATFonline eForms and Internet browsers

My efforts to complete a Form 1 using the eForm ran into several system error messages and endless time-outs from the “spinning circle” spinning without a response from the atfonline server. I tried to complete the eFrom using Internet Explorer 11 in the normal mode and then I tried the compatibility mode. I also tried the Google Chrome browser with the same failed results.

I contacted ATF for help. The response was quick and professional. I was told that atfonline was written for Internet Explorer 8 and that results with later versions and other web browsers were hit-or-miss. They were working on resolving system glitches to fix the problems with other browsers. I googled Internet Explorer 8 and learned that it was released in March 2009.

I really like the eForm option (and the reports of faster approvals!). In fact I had the good fortune of getting my Form 1 eForm submitted a few days later. But I do wonder why the eForm was written to an outdated browser and does not run reliably with the current web browsers. Info is FYI in case others are having similar issues with error messages

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I use Chrome and it works fine.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I used chrome as well and it would keep timing out or giving me a error message.Tried several different browsers from my computer and phone and finally gave up trying.ended up going back on later in the night and used chrome from my computer and it went through with no issue.I think the site just has a mind of its own,try going back on and doing it at random times and I'll probably work fine

Feedback Score
    I tried everything I could an the only way I got it to work was Chrome with Windows 7. Chrome is what The Silencer Shop uses.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I also had issues with IE, installed Firefox and all went well.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Actually did another today on a umbrella receiver set using chrome.not a single issue today lol
    Last edited by 03scgt; 01-13-14 at 01:21.

Feedback Score
    Both Chrome and Firefox have worked for me, although depending on the time of day, either can be a little finicky.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain1 View Post
    ... But I do wonder why the eForm was written to an outdated browser and does not run reliably with the current web browsers. ...
    I'd say it's because that's the version of IE the .gov is still using. It sucks constantly getting to websites that say you need to upgrade to whatever for full site function.

"I don't carry a knife because God invented silencers for a reason. Also, I'm not in a dancing gang who goes to "rumbles"." ~ Sterling Archer

"Shooting a gun is like being intimate with a woman. First, you inspect it to make sure it's clean. Then you grab it on the butt and jam the magazine in. If it doesn't fit, make it." ~ Stan Smith

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    i sent in two yesterday with no problems. form 1's on a BCM lower and an M92 krink

my browser is firefox. they did take some time to load but it wasn't bad
    Last edited by mikeith; 01-09-14 at 15:58.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The e form site SUCKS!!!!!!!! I took 4 days to get one F4 submitted. I've talked to Dana Pickles more in the last tow months than the last few years. Funny thing, he agreed it was the ATF sites fault....
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast