Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Current AK rifles available

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wildbill: Are you the one with the skeleton stock on hi OPAP? If so, how does that lighten things up? I would suppose that with a lighter stock the OPAP (RPK Trunion) would be slightly lighter than a milled AK???

The thing I like about the Yugos is that that are too factory made, and yes, that makes them the 'best buy' in the market now. And, if you buy from a reputable place, you have some insurance. Usually the only odd-ball is that the mag well is opened by CAI.

Are the new Yugos of similar quality to the old Mitchell Arms Yugos imported long ago? Aren't they made in the same factory? (Granted different workers).

Question on SAIGAs: I suppose that the ONLY alteration made to the magwell is the bullet guide - right? I would think that this would be an ADVANTAGE because the fore and aft dimensions would be 'milspec' - right?
    Last edited by m4brian; 03-04-14 at 16:24.

Feedback Score
    I'm really impressed with the Vepr's I've received. They do require some mods to function with mil-spec magazines though. But damn, the quality is REALLY apparent. They're not light though, just like any of the RPK format rifles.
    Crossing the Noobicon

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Wildbill: Are you the one with the skeleton stock on hi OPAP? If so, how does that lighten things up? I would suppose that with a lighter stock the OPAP (RPK Trunion) would be slightly lighter than a milled AK???

A
    I don't have my Tabuk (skeletonized) stock yet, but I've read that they are about a pound lighter than the standard M70 stock.
    "Restricting the rights of free and law-abiding Americans is not a solution to anything, and only makes government and its force more powerful."
    -Gary Johnson

Owner of Wildwood Custom Woodworking, F-Class Rifle Stock Builder

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011