Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Go-To shotgun ammo for HD?

Feedback Score

Exclamation

While 7 1/2 shot can do a lot of superficial damage, it's lack of penetration still leaves the attacker plenty of time to take you out while he's suffering or very slowly bleeding out.

#1 or 00 Low Recoil Buckshot will put more odds in your corner than a 7 1/2 skeet load.
    Last edited by 147 Grain; 03-03-14 at 17:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I did read your post and I don't think I/we are haters by any means.

Like 147 said, "It's lack of penetration". Sure, you can make some thug think twice with a face full of bird shot. But if some criminal comes into my house intent on doing harm to my family I want to put him down fast AND I don't want to end up on the wrong side of a lawsuit owing him $$$$ because he has no face left or that he has to poop into a Ostomy Pouching System out of his side for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by 147 Grain View Post
    While 7 1/2 shot can do a lot of superficial damage, it's lack of penetration still leaves the attacker plenty of time to take you out while he's suffering or very slowly bleeding out.

#1 or 00 Low Recoil Buckshot will put more odds in your corner than a 7 1/2 skeet load.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Like I said you guys don't read very well. GH

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Like I said you guys don't read very well. GH
    I like just said, enough is enough.

And I used big type so everybody could read it. The Snotty Remark Comedy Hour is over.

Feedback Score
    59 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556A2 View Post
    No, its not.

There is a reason 00 buckshot has been in service for antipersonnel use over the course of centuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN99999 View Post
    Agreed...

No group in history has put more bad-guy's asses in the grass with a shotgun, over a longer period of time, than US Law Enforcement.
    And if you are "law enforcement", the repercussions from any incident, no matter how questionable, are negligible. However, if joe/jane citizen touches off a 00-buck that inadvertently kills a neighbor, the results are going to be slightly different than if the local cop/sheriff does so...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I second the Federal Truball, it has worked well for me in my 870. I also have used the Remington Slugger round and that works as well.

I like the Remington 00, and the Hornady TAP 00. I have used both and they produce similar patterns for me.

I have not bought shotgun ammo online, so my choice is based on what is available locally.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hatidua View Post
    And if you are "law enforcement", the repercussions from any incident, no matter how questionable, are negligible. However, if joe/jane citizen touches off a 00-buck that inadvertently kills a neighbor, the results are going to be slightly different than if the local cop/sheriff does so...

Research the concept of transferred intent, then see if it is applicable to Colorado state law. A citizen that makes an honest mistake may have better standing with the courts than you think.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    One story I was at my job talking with one of the details. and from what she was saying she had to go on a call. the guy at the place had a gun she was not using 00 Buck and the guy got up and laughed at her. now he had skin that was torn off but this had to be from little more than 20 feet or he got lucky.. ever sense than she said she will never use anything but 00 buck. she never used bird shot again.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Federal LE 127 Rifled Slug

Federal LE 127 00 9 shot buck

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Fed flight control low recoil buck and for slugs Brenneke SFMs.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast