Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Colt" Barnaul Ammo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I can't imagine that barrel being done in only 20k unless there was some heavy firing schedules. I'm wondering what ammo and sights were used to get the 3" final grouping...
    I'm of the opinion that my barrel wasn't shot out. I decided to change it out before it got to that point, for preventive maintenance and, coincidentally, Rainier Arms got the Medcon barrel I've been waiting for, back in stock.

https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sh...roduct_id=3279

The ammo used before barrel replacement was 55 gr IMI M193, believe it or not, using a standard H-1 2 moa RDS shooting 5 shot groups. I know I should have done 10 rounds, but I was running out of time.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I bought 100 rnds of this stuff recently. No malfunctions from my 10.3" DD MK18. I was even able to make consistent hits on a 10" plate at 300 yards with my H1.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    The ammo used before barrel replacement was 55 gr IMI M193, believe it or not, using a standard H-1 2 moa RDS shooting 5 shot groups. I know I should have done 10 rounds, but I was running out of time.
    I'm a 5 round group fan for most applications. We'll send a few more if we're seeing weird stuff.... but more than 5 and I start introducing too much shooter error.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123