Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vortex Spitfire Prism Scopes?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    Mine showed up yesterday which isn't bad since I ordered it Christmas Day. So far I'm liking it, the illumination on it is fantastic and the eye relief on it is very good too. The only knock I have against it right now is the windage/elevation caps. Since they are tethered together with wire it take two hands the put a cap back on. Other than that I have no complaints thus far.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
    I haven't experienced that.

Also, according to an email I received, Bobro will have mounts available very soon, probably next week.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    A QD mount would be awesome. When I say the caps need tow hands it was really the windage dial. The wire on the cap was tight to the point that the cap wouldn't spin freely.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    A QD mount would be awesome. When I say the caps need tow hands it was really the windage dial. The wire on the cap was tight to the point that the cap wouldn't spin freely.

Just FYI ADM already makes one but I'm holding out for Bobro.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://www.americandefensemanufactur.../product/1139/

Link for the ADM QD Spitfire 1x mount (current capped/tethered turret and 2032 powered dial illumination selector model). No idea if it will be compatible with the next model due for release or not.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    http://www.americandefensemanufactur.../product/1139/

Link for the ADM QD Spitfire 1x mount (current capped/tethered turret and 2032 powered dial illumination selector model). No idea if it will be compatible with the next model due for release or not.
    Vortex Optics posted on TOS that the new model has a "totally different mounting base."
    Last edited by SteveL; 01-08-16 at 16:20.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Vortex Optics posted on TOS that the new model has a "totally different mounting base."
    Thank you for the heads up. I figured it would be based on the integral AA battery compartment, but didn't want to misinform anyone.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Thank you for the heads up. I figured it would be based on the integral AA battery compartment, but didn't want to misinform anyone.
    They did specify that a riser will still be involved making absolute or lower 1/3 cowitness possible. I really wish they had stuck with the same base though. Once ADM, Bobro, and anyone else making mounts realizes they changed the base they may discontinue support for the previous version and may decide to drop it altogether. I'm going to jump on a Bobro as soon as they pop up, just in case.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    They did specify that a riser will still be involved making absolute or lower 1/3 cowitness possible. I really wish they had stuck with the same base though. Once ADM, Bobro, and anyone else making mounts realizes they changed the base they may discontinue support for the previous version and may decide to drop it altogether. I'm going to jump on a Bobro as soon as they pop up, just in case.

That was/is my fear as well and why I ordered another ADM QD mount last night right after your heads up about the next version having a different base.

Shame it (the current Spitfire 1x version) didn't get more love or even time in the market to receive more love.

Feedback Score
    My second Spitfire arrived this week. Easily shoots itty bitty groups at fifty yards. When it warms up above freezing outside I'll stretch it out a bit.

Has anyone else run into a significant difference in zero if you try to co-witness thru the optic? Both of mine are over four inches different at fifty. Is this a common occurrence with prism sights?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar da Wolf View Post
    My second Spitfire arrived this week. Easily shoots itty bitty groups at fifty yards. When it warms up above freezing outside I'll stretch it out a bit.

Has anyone else run into a significant difference in zero if you try to co-witness thru the optic? Both of mine are over four inches different at fifty. Is this a common occurrence with prism sights?
    I do not have/did not even try to cowitness mine. Not because I didn't think it's possible, but because the only reason (for me) to use BUIS is if the sight utterly fails somehow. I apologize for not being able to be more helpful.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345