Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Desert Tech MDR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would like to see the internal operation. Already see a ton of "liberties" that have been taken from current pups and desings (keltech 5.56 among others)

Knowing DTA it will cost $5500 and each conversion will cost $2k.

Feedback Score
    There is a YouTube video up on this already. The are saying $2200 for the 5.56 version and $2400 for the 308. I would be very interested in a 308 version myself.

They are also saying that the rifles will not be available until 2015 with the conversion kits coming in in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ync-qatK0
    Last edited by doodi1; 01-15-14 at 10:28.

Feedback Score
    A lot of pics andinfo here http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/de...mdr-shot-show/

I loved this bit here "The triggers in the pre-production models available to the press broke around 2.5 to three pounds, astonishingly light for bullpups"

Going sub 4lbs in bullpup would be deemed almost impossible a little ago.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks for the video, the rifle does look neat. I just cant get over that grip angle and how restrictive it looks for reloading, but maybe I am wrong. I would just like to see the grip swept forward a bit. Also as far as the "other" calibers go, it seams like the same deal as the mrp. They will only become available when and if them sell enough of the initial two chambering's to warrant a profit. Excited to see the video of that ejection port and hoping this thing does not suffer the fate of the "masada".
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    Looks like a neat little gun. Hopefully they price it within reach of most and not in the stratosphere.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That's all I need another cool rifle from DT. I've been saving up to buy the new SRS-A1 chassis and bolt to complete my new precision rifle. The MDR has to be something spectacular in order for me to ditch the Tavor in favor of the MDR. This rifle could do it, but I need to see conversion kits and parts availability first. Once bitten, twice shy!

SamM

Feedback Score
    Touching off a 308 round from a bullpup SBR is going to be "spirited" to say the least. Talk about a no-brainer suppressor host.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    My one and only complaint after handling is this stupid bump on the ejection port. As a lefty this dug into my jaw and would be quite painful to fire especially out of the 308 model. I let the rep know this and he said i'm not the first to say such and they have passed the word along to their engineers.

Overall though I want one. The 10.5" model is screaming to be in my safe when they are released.

I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    With the Tavors price point quickly dropping, if this came in around a few hundred more it really has the potential to be a good seller. I do like everything I have seen from it thus far.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Are there two mag releases?

The rear mag release looks REALLY easily bumped. Looks like an early SA80/L85 mag release location, which is NOT good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast