Thread: California classes

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

California classes

Does anyone know how the classes would go down in california since we have bullet buttons? I know there'd be speed drills and been wondering on how we'd go about reloading quick of we have a bullet button, thanks

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I once heard something about a competition exemption in the law and that most classes use that to justify running standard weapons.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    I'm sorry I'm confused

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Jay900,

Where in SoCA are you located? Magpul hasn't held a course in SoCA in a very long time, however, there are other training outfits that teach students how to use an AR15 with a bullet button.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    I once heard something about a competition exemption in the law and that most classes use that to justify running standard weapons.
    No such exemption exists in the law.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jay900 View Post
    Does anyone know how the classes would go down in california since we have bullet buttons? I know there'd be speed drills and been wondering on how we'd go about reloading quick of we have a bullet button, thanks
    Bullet button delays your reload by .70-1.0 seconds. The effect is negligible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DOA View Post
    No such exemption exists in the law.
    Not for California residents, but for residents of another state it apparently does:

"Penal Code section 12280(m) provides an exception for out-of-state residents who bring assault weapons or .50 BMG rifles into the state if attending an organized match or competition conducted on a target range, club, etc., for the purpose of shooting targets."

I haven't the inclination to actually look up or interpet the PC, so ask your lawyer to clarify for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kantstudien View Post
    Not for California residents, but for residents of another state it apparently does:

"Penal Code section 12280(m) provides an exception for out-of-state residents who bring assault weapons or .50 BMG rifles into the state if attending an organized match or competition conducted on a target range, club, etc., for the purpose of shooting targets."

I haven't the inclination to actually look up or interpet the PC, so ask your lawyer to clarify for you.
    Since a class is neither a match nor a competition, this will not help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox View Post
    Since a class is neither a match nor a competition, this will not help.