Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel Insurance

Feedback Score
    My health insurance will pay hospital bills for me when traveling. I also carry medical evacuation insurance Medi Jet if I remember correctly, the admin staff takes care of it. Then I wear a Rolex and carry a bunch of gold with me.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    We have not gotten it for a lot of trips (vacations), but we have for the big ones (i.e., several grand in price). The travel agent recommended Allianz, it's the only one we used. it's pretty highly rated. Since it's the only one we used I do not know how it compares to others.

Feedback Score
    I've also bought travel insurance only once because people at the airport almost never ask it

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    We have used Gallagher and Allianz for mission trips to Honduras. Two years ago, we had 3 team members who had to be admitted to a private hospital for overnight care. Allianz was very easy to deal with and handled the expenses. On another trip, we had someone break an ankle. The insurance paid for treatment in Honduras and also paid for their treatment in the US. We have had good experiences with both insurance companies.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Anyone have any preferences for providers of short-term travel insurance for OCONUS vacation/business travel? Any experiences to share?
    Also looking for a good travel insurance for the whole family.
    Would appreciate some recommendations.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I booked a trip to Antigua a few months prior to 9/11. Got the travel insurance. The insurance had a lowest price guarantee. If I found the same trip for less, they refunded the difference.

Everybody was scared shitless about flying after the attack. Fares, hotel rates dropped considerably. We got a nice refund. Great trip

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    I see lots of stories in this thread about the travel insurance covering injuries. Wouldn't your own medical insurance cover the injuries without the need for the travel insurance?? I was only tracking the main thing travel insurance is for is if you have to cancel your trip for unforeseen issues like death in family, work wouldn't let you off, a hurricane in the area, etc. also covering your personal effects if they were lost or stolen, but as stated above homeowners usually covers that for most people.

Also, My dad purchased insurance from a trip on booking.com or one of the likes and had to cancel and it took months to get refunded. They only partially refunded as well and it was a nightmare. The company (I can't remember the name) was based out of Holland or somewhere in the EU
    Last edited by steyrman13; 09-19-23 at 08:24.

Feedback Score
    Great and useful info here, thanks. It took me some time to choose proper health insurance, but I'm glad that I found contacts of the iowa total care customer service here. It was worth it. But as far as I understood, I need to find another company for travel insurance. So, thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences.
    Last edited by Gregory234; 09-20-23 at 10:04.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12