Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wendy Davis raised more than $12 million for TX Governor Race

Feedback Score
    No it is not.

It is silly candidates that got caught in traps set by the left and media that got us where we are right now. The left knows that when they need to trip up a GOP candidate...they'll just whip out homos and abortion and trip them up. It works every time...that is why they do it.

It is not a "who cares' attitude...it is a "let people be free to make their own stupid decisions and live with them" attitude. It is called Libertarianism.

But hey..if you want to keep losing to the left because of homos and abortion...go right ahead. Personally...I am tired of it. Abortion and homos have next to zero affects on 99% of the people's everyday lives.

Are YOU going to take care of all these "unplanned" kids? Sorry..I don't have the space, time or money to do so.

If homos tie the knot...why should you care? How does this affect your life in any way? Do you even KNOW any gay people?

Again...you all are LOSING because of social issues that probably have ZERO affects on your lives....how silly is that?

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I was raised catholic, I believe in god, and I try to follow the bible.

That being said, none of that has SHIT to do with the government, or how the country is ran. There is a separation of church and state for a reason, and your religion needs to be kept the hell out of it. Your religious views on homosexuality are irrelevant to the legality of it, and as such are irrelevant as to whether gay marriage should be legal.

The same with abortion, the only question is, is it taking a life or not, if it is, it should be illegal, if it isnt....
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Back to Wendy: A new poll shows Wendy Davis within single digits of her Republican opponent—one more sign that Texas’s voters are no longer reliably red.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...as-purple.html

Another twist of the story: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-she...n-texas-purple
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 03-18-14 at 14:29.

Feedback Score
    That is nothing more than the leftist media's wishful thinking.

They ran similar articles about Bill White years ago....watch out Texas!...Bill White is within XXX points of Rick Perry! Then the election came and Perry cleaned White's clock.alm

Calm down...this is not Maryland.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    That is nothing more than the leftist media's wishful thinking.

They ran similar articles about Bill White years ago....watch out Texas!...Bill White is within XXX points of Rick Perry! Then the election came and Perry cleaned White's clock.alm

Calm down...this is not Maryland.
    LOL, great point. Yes the daily beast is left of left, on the other hand newsbusters on the other end.

On the other hand, Houston has a mayor.

Feedback Score
    What does Houston's mayor have to do with anything?

You really know nothing about Texas...do you?

For decades in Texas, the inner city govts and city councils have mostly been run by leftists. Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio...all of them.

However, the outlying suburban areas of nearly all of those cities are solidly conservative. In fact, the largest TEA Party groups in America come from two of the Houston burbs.

I love how people that don't know our state and do not live here, pick up an article here and there and all of a sudden...they are experts on what is going down here, politically.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    dang, what is happening in Texas, Kalifornia liberals taking over? Does she have a chance?
    I would say, dead babies cast no votes... but then again, those in Chicago can, so who knows?!?!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    No it is not.

It is silly candidates that got caught in traps set by the left and media that got us where we are right now. The left knows that when they need to trip up a GOP candidate...they'll just whip out homos and abortion and trip them up. It works every time...that is why they do it.

It is not a "who cares' attitude...it is a "let people be free to make their own stupid decisions and live with them" attitude. It is called Libertarianism.

But hey..if you want to keep losing to the left because of homos and abortion...go right ahead. Personally...I am tired of it. Abortion and homos have next to zero affects on 99% of the people's everyday lives.

Are YOU going to take care of all these "unplanned" kids? Sorry..I don't have the space, time or money to do so.

If homos tie the knot...why should you care? How does this affect your life in any way? Do you even KNOW any gay people?

Again...you all are LOSING because of social issues that probably have ZERO affects on your lives....how silly is that?

-brickboy240
    Pretty well sums it up for me also. We can't do anything unless we win. Winning comes first. United we stand, divided we fall, simple as that!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    The next person that ignores instructions about talking shit to each other gets this thread trashed, and goes away on a ban.

Stop it right now or I'll send you a going away present.

Feedback Score
    For those that think the leftist media's stories about the "massive war chest" that Wendy Davis has supposedly amassed is going to sink Texas into a blue hell hole...you obviously are not aware of the Ted Cruz/David Dewhurst race for the US Senate.

David Dewhurst led Ted Cruz by double digits and had probably 4-5 times the campaign money that Ted Cruz had. In the end...Ted Cruz beat David Dewhurst by double digits. Dewhurst was a total GOP establishment insider with name recognition and backing from biggie GOP establishment types like Karl Rove. Cruz won because the people did NOT want another McCain/Romney styled GOp establishment type as our Senator.

So don't be fooled by stories about how much cash Davis has piled up. Lately here in Texas...that has not meant beans.

-brickboy240

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234