Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wendy Davis raised more than $12 million for TX Governor Race

Feedback Score
    I don't care how optimistic we are that Abortion Barbie will lose. Let's all show up at the polls come November and ensure Abbot's win! I know I'll be and I'll vote once.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post

In Texas...the mother almost always gets custody unless she is a crack whore or a total psycho.

-brickboy240
    What he mean't to say was 99.99% of the time women get custody over kids in Texas. They can be unemployed, addicted to any mix of drugs & have nothing to offer. I do not know this from experience only from living here most my life. The fact that she didn't get custody in Texas should be a major red flag to anybody in this state regardless of political stances.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My ex received a phone call last fall from David Plouffe begging her to take over Wendy's campaign. She denied him which essentially means she's done in Democratic politics...at least for a while. It worked out well for her as she's making much more money outside of politics and isn't looking back. Wendy's campaign is unbelievably poorly run, she never stood a chance but the incompetent people they've hired have ensured defeat. She hired a bunch of people that were competent enough to get her elected to her current post, but were not even close to being talented enough to run a statewide campaign.

While I hope Wendy doesn't win, I sincerely hope she's competitive enough to scare Republicans enough to get them off of their ridiculous abortion banter. This crap is killing the party, stupid, and needs to stop. It's over...this debate has been decided by the American people. Abortion is here to stay. Gay marriage is coming. Both are positive things. Let's not kill other positive things like free markets and liberties by pushing more people towards the Democrat party or pushing them to simply not vote.

"Abortion Barbie." Yeah...that kind of sums up the problem right there...only it's not really her problem. Drop the abortion and anti-gay marriage BS, and watch limited government politicians walk all over the competition. Alienate every single female vote who wasn't raised by televangelists and the rest of us without homophobia? The Republican party will fade into obscurity and for good reason. TX will in fact turn blue just like little Jeremy wants if you keep that crap up. At the very least go back to the Democrat party where your ideological need to control other people fits in. The tea party is a great example of what could actually be if it weren't for the abortion warriors and homophobes. When it first started during TARP and the bailouts, there wasn't a single social issue mentioned...it was a spontaneous STOP being said to the government. The social cons showed up and it became an obscure branch of the base that was already there as opposed to a real movement.

It pisses me off enough to the point that I'd almost vote for Wendy...hell she's practically a moderate Republican(especially given her penchant for lying.) Genuinely makes me want to give her $5(don't fret, I'll refrain.) That and the fact that Greg Abbot is smarmy and gross...simply Rick Perry warmed over. As it stands I won't vote for either...and I won't feel the least bit sad if that means Wendy wins. The governorship in TX is a supremely weak position, and if it helps get Republicans off of the social collectivism(under the guise of conservatism,) I'm all for it.
    Last edited by thopkins22; 03-17-14 at 21:54.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Abortion is here to stay. Gay marriage is coming. Both are positive things. .
    Yeah. Let's give up on important stuff to keep our party strong. Keep murdering unborn babies as long as jobs are here & our 401k's are fat. Whether you're of a faith or not this temporary existence is nothing compared to eternity.
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 03-17-14 at 22:07. Reason: Fix 'rage' spelling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nevermind...doesn't end up anywhere good.

Suffice it to say that I think we're killing our state and our country by electing people who are ideologically identical to one another and differentiating them by branding one of them "baby murderer." We're losing votes, voters, and we're losing any kind of real choice.
    Last edited by thopkins22; 03-17-14 at 22:33.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Nevermind...doesn't end up anywhere good.

Suffice it to say that I think we're killing our state and our country by electing people who are ideologically identical to one another and differentiating them by branding one of them "baby murderer." We're losing votes, voters, and we're losing any kind of real choice.
    I almost copied & pasted the email alert I just received so you could own your words. But, in the interest of not ruffling feathers I did not. I will never agree with you on this subject & will never attempt to persuade you to agree with me. This country has a disease. It is being eaten from the inside out. We as a people are making decisions that are not ours to make.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Here's a thought: Let's discuss Wendy Davis, and not each other.

Feedback Score
    Lets be honest...abortion usually prevents future criminals, govt dependents and Democrat voters. Are YOU going to take in and raise, clothe, feed and educate all of these "unwanted" kids? Hell no and neither am I. Let them have their abortions...God will punish them later for it.

Gay marriage? Again...who cares? Let them get married...it has ZERO affect on my own marriage....yours too. Again...God will judge them in the end for their lifestyles.

I am tired of losing elections because some Bible thumpers get their panties in a twist over homos and abortion.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    Dont you think it strange that the mainstream media pushes the concept of "the candidate that has the most cash is the frontrunner" to the uninformed masses? I have noticed this growing trend for the last 20 years or so.

And if the outside money comes from the libgnorants from Kalifornia & New Joik, great. Love to see them waste their money for campaign posters ending up being shipped off to a foreign recycling plant as a US export..

I think that the good people of Texas outside of the Austin area will see through the BS, and put Mr Abbott in the governors mansion.

Feedback Score
    EDIT: Some people are not good at reading moderator instructions about not discussing other people. Do this again and you'll get some time off. - SeriousStudent
    Last edited by SeriousStudent; 03-18-14 at 21:11. Reason: removing personal comment

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast